Critical Mass London May 2011 ride.

Old May 30th 11, 06:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Critical Mass London May 2011 ride.

On May 29, 8:20*pm, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 29/05/2011 10:43, maresh wrote:

On May 29, 10:04 am, Tom *wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 00:11:31 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

snip

"We didn't cork PMT square very well and all the cars were mixed in,
but it caused no harm"

But Doug always reports that cars mixing with CM is dangerous, CM seem
to differ.

Can you comment on this Doug.

Easily. Just because one example of a danger caused hasn't resulted in
harm doesn't mean that other, similar examples won't. Also cars mixing
with the ride contributes to hold-ups.

An example I saw during the Friday's ride was a car positioned almost
completely across one side of the road, in its driver's attempt to
force its way into the ride and consequently he was not only a block
to traffic but was slowing the ride down..

BTW one person's opinion of CM is not necessarily representative of
CM. You should know that by now. CM consists of a mass of individuals.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you communist Effing scum, dole cheats”, said a
taxi driver.
Old May 30th 11, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 30/05/2011 06:13, Doug wrote:
On May 29, 6:11 pm, wrote:
On 29/05/2011 13:24, Doug wrote:

On May 29, 8:49 am, wrote:
On May 29, 8:11 am, wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

You must be so proud to support a group of lawbreakers as shown on the
video.
Personally I would rather give my support to people who do not break
the law.

So you must include motorists then, a majority of whom are know to
break laws.

Evidence?

"Nearly three-quarters of drivers break the 30mph speed limit and
nearly 60 per cent exceed the 70mph limit on motorways, figures out
yesterday revealed. Speeding is so widespread that nearly a fifth of
drivers break the 80mph limit, according to the figures from the
Department for Transport and the Environment..."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/tr...s-1258126.html

And that doesn't include any other crimes. Clearly a larger majority
of motorists are inveterate lawbreakers.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Interesting report, 14 years old & talks about the 80mph limit, can
anybody tell me where that limit applies.
Old May 30th 11, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 30/05/2011 06:21, Doug wrote:
On May 29, 8:17 pm, Tony wrote:
On 29/05/2011 13:31, Doug wrote:

On May 29, 10:48 am, Tom wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 10:25:51 +0100, Tony Dragon

wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

Quotes "we're stopping the traffic for a bit of fun"
"Why are you stopping traffic? , I don't know"

Can anybody tell me what this does for the image of cycling?
After 'events' like this is it any wonder why some people hate cyclists?

I expect most people realise that CM is not representative of
cyclists.

Why do they assume that most cyclists are alike with a standard image
and are somehow representative?

You do the same with motorists, why do you assume that all motorists are
alike?

Sources show that a majority of motorists are lawbreakers and yet they
have the cheek to criticise cyclists for breaking laws.

CM includes a wide range of individuals with differing views. Also you
may have noticed that this particular ride was mainly led by a bunch
of skateborders, who definitely are not representative of cyclists. So
what?

Doug.

Do you condone CM breaking laws?

This all has been discussed at length in the past so why do you keep
on asking the same old, tired questions? Better still why don't you
try presenting you own points of view instead for a change?

Why don't you ask the police, who know exactly when and where CM takes
place every month but take no action?

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you communist Effing scum, dole cheats”, said a
taxi driver.

My point of view is the same as ever, I think the law should be obeyed.
So back to my questions
"Do you condone CM breaking laws?"
"Do tell us, are you proud of them? "
"Is obstructing the highway a bad law? "

Old May 30th 11, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

wrote:

[...]

So it would seem you agree that blocking the road causes hold ups.

In which case would you care to give your comment on the following from
the video.

Old May 30th 11, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 29 May 2011 22:13:20 -0700 (PDT), Doug wrote:

On May 29, 6:11*pm, wrote:
On 29/05/2011 13:24, Doug wrote:

On May 29, 8:49 am, *wrote:
On May 29, 8:11 am, *wrote:

[...]

They really are - breaking the 80mph limit 15 years ago. : terrible.

(Where is the 80mph limit in place?)

Old May 30th 11, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

--
Critical Mass London.
*http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk

You must be so proud to support a group of lawbreakers as shown on the
video.
Personally I would rather give my support to people who do not break
the law.
But you are known for defending lawbreakers aren't you.

Doug is very proud of CM, it would appear that he runs the CM website,
he is of course blind to the damage that cm does to the image of
cycling, because he is not pro-cycling but anti-car, he cares nothing
for cyclists.

Old May 30th 11, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

On May 29, 10:04*am, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 00:11:31 -0700 (PDT), Doug
wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

I have opposed many of your views in the past, but you are spot on
with that.
Old May 30th 11, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

Quotes "we're stopping the traffic for a bit of fun"
"Why are you stopping traffic? , I don't know"

Can anybody tell me what this does for the image of cycling?
After 'events' like this is it any wonder why some people hate cyclists?

I expect most people realise that CM is not representative of
cyclists.

Why do they assume that most cyclists are alike with a standard image
and are somehow representative?

It seems to be the conclusion you draw about motorists.
You talk about a 'licence to kill', 'killer motorists', 'the motorists
mob', etc

CM includes a wide range of individuals with differing views. Also you
may have noticed that this particular ride was mainly led by a bunch
of skateborders, who definitely are not representative of cyclists. So
what?

Doug.

But the ones that you highlight are always the lawbreaking, anti-
social ones, you seem to admire them.
Old May 30th 11, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

On May 30, 6:13*am, Doug wrote:
On May 29, 6:11*pm, wrote:

On 29/05/2011 13:24, Doug wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/tr...ore-speed-limi...

And that doesn't include any other crimes. Clearly a larger majority
of motorists are inveterate lawbreakers.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
*http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Where does this 80mph limit exist in the UK, I could go there &
legally drive at over 70mph.
Old May 30th 11, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

On May 30, 6:21*am, Doug wrote:
On May 29, 8:17*pm, Tony Dragon wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I seem to recall opinions being given in the past, why are you
avoiding answering the question?

Why don't you ask the police, who know exactly when and where CM takes
place every month but take no action?

Still trying to avoid answering.

-- .
Critical Mass London.