Illogical roadsign

Old January 31st 17, 07:13 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

Default Illogical roadsign

Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides! And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way round instead of 5 feet forwards?!
Old January 31st 17, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 19:14:11 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides! And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way round instead of 5 feet forwards?!

Yes, just like here.

https://goo.gl/maps/D5Li2zaJ1a22
Old January 31st 17, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:39:52 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 19:14:11 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides! And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way round instead of 5 feet forwards?!

Yes, just like here.

https://goo.gl/maps/D5Li2zaJ1a22

Eh? That's a one way street for cars. The one I showed said you couldn't drive either way!

--
I have the world's oldest typewriter - it prints in pencil
Old January 31st 17, 07:53 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 31-Jan-17 7:13 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides!
And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way
round instead of 5 feet forwards?!

It means what it says, 'only buses & cycles beyond this point'.

So nothing except buses & cycles are allowed to use that section of road
between the two signs.

---

Old January 31st 17, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 19:42:08 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Yes, just like here.

https://goo.gl/maps/D5Li2zaJ1a22

Eh? That's a one way street for cars. The one I showed said you couldn't drive either way!

Here then.

https://goo.gl/maps/B9aitZx1EW52
Old January 31st 17, 07:57 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:53:21 -0000, Tony Dragon wrote:

On 31-Jan-17 7:13 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides!
And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way
round instead of 5 feet forwards?!

It means what it says, 'only buses & cycles beyond this point'.

So nothing except buses & cycles are allowed to use that section of road
between the two signs.

What, all 5 feet of it? That's absurd. Nobody's going to drive all the way round the block for that.

--
TV takes over your life when you could be doing useful things like smoking crack and stealing car stereos.
Old January 31st 17, 08:04 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Graham.[_6_]

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:13:54 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides! And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way round instead of 5 feet forwards?!

It's a nuisance to have to turn your car around, but it's not
illogical.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old January 31st 17, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

That's ****ing ridiculous! What is it with council morons?

--
I think car alarms should be set to explode after two minutes.
That way, we either take out a car thief, or deprive a noise-polluting jerk of his wheels.
Old January 31st 17, 08:06 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

wrote:

Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides! And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way round instead of 5 feet forwards?!

It's a nuisance to have to turn your car around, but it's not
illogical.

Are you telling me you'd actually drive right round instead of going along a 5 foot "banned" road? It's about 500 times further!

--
An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested in her he is.
Old January 31st 17, 09:05 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Graham.[_6_]

wrote:

Found this in Glasgow:
https://goo.gl/maps/DHPVmwYpM7s
"Only buses and cycles beyond this point", this sign is on both sides! And there's cars on both sides! Are you supposed to drive all the way round instead of 5 feet forwards?!

It's a nuisance to have to turn your car around, but it's not
illogical.

Are you telling me you'd actually drive right round instead of going along a 5 foot "banned" road? It's about 500 times further!

That's a different matter, and it would depend on who I thought was
watching.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%