Critical Mass London May 2011 ride.

Old May 29th 11, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Critical Mass London May 2011 ride.

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

--
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old May 29th 11, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
maresh

On May 29, 8:11*am, Doug wrote:
A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

--
Critical Mass London.
*http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"More bikes, fewer cars!".

You must be so proud to support a group of lawbreakers as shown on the
video.
Personally I would rather give my support to people who do not break
the law.
But you are known for defending lawbreakers aren't you.
Old May 29th 11, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Sun, 29 May 2011 00:11:31 -0700 (PDT), Doug
wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4
Old May 29th 11, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

Quotes "we're stopping the traffic for a bit of fun"
"Why are you stopping traffic? , I don't know"

Can anybody tell me what this does for the image of cycling?
After 'events' like this is it any wonder why some people hate cyclists?
Old May 29th 11, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
maresh

wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

CM wants cyclists to be treated as traffic & says it is all about
cycle safety.

Some quotes from their report.

"went down Sloane Street, corked off the Square and did a little bike
lift"

Yes traffic often lifts its vehicles in the air.

"We corked off a lot of Chelsea Tractors and Saudi's in Audi's"

Yet another admission of illegal acts.

"Bike lift at Picadilly"

Yes that makes cycling safer.

"A little bike lift outside Downing Street"

We want to be treated like traffic, yeah right.

"We didn't cork PMT square very well and all the cars were mixed in,
but it caused no harm"

But Doug always reports that cars mixing with CM is dangerous, CM seem
to differ.

Old May 29th 11, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

Quotes "we're stopping the traffic for a bit of fun"
"Why are you stopping traffic? , I don't know"

Can anybody tell me what this does for the image of cycling?
After 'events' like this is it any wonder why some people hate cyclists?

I expect most people realise that CM is not representative of
cyclists.
Old May 29th 11, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Doug wrote:

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

From that very link ..

"It was then "noted that, in China both motorists and bicyclists had an
understood method of negotiating intersections without signals. Traffic
would "bunch up" at these intersections until the back log reached a
"critical mass" at which point that mass would move through the
intersection"."

Why, bearing the quote above from your own source, does CM 'cork' if it
is safe to reach a critical mass at a junction ... a mixture of traffic?

--
Paul - xxx
Old May 29th 11, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
maresh

wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

Quotes "we're stopping the traffic for a bit of fun"
"Why are you stopping traffic? , I don't know"

Can anybody tell me what this does for the image of cycling?
After 'events' like this is it any wonder why some people hate cyclists?

I expect most people realise that CM is not representative of
cyclists.

I would agree, it is such a pity that it is something like that, that
gets into the news & normal cycling gets left out.

But I suppose that good news is no news.
Old May 29th 11, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Seems a bit pointless to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUKOohD9W4

Quotes "we're stopping the traffic for a bit of fun"
"Why are you stopping traffic? , I don't know"

Can anybody tell me what this does for the image of cycling?
After 'events' like this is it any wonder why some people hate cyclists?

I expect most people realise that CM is not representative of
cyclists.

It is possible that that is the "correct" (ie, accurate) conclusion to draw,
but it would not necessarily be the obvious one to draw. Especially when and
where the miscreants claim to be representative of cyclists (an implicit
claim which they make no efforts to disown).
Old May 29th 11, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On May 29, 8:49*am, maresh wrote:
On May 29, 8:11*am, Doug wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

You must be so proud to support a group of lawbreakers as shown on the
video.
Personally I would rather give my support to people who do not break
the law.

So you must include motorists then, a majority of whom are know to
break laws. So how do you get around?

But you are known for defending lawbreakers aren't you.

Against bad laws then yes. Why not?

--
Critical Mass London.