Has Mason tried it again?

Old January 28th 17, 09:17 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Has Mason tried it again?

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being skint
and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention seeking.

Tim

I think you should realise that the pension pot does not actually exist now -
as you can see he has started taking it as a pension. He has left it in to
give him a feeling of extra security.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be spending £30,000
on a brand new car : particularly when I had already spent a not insignificant
amount on my existing car.

It is probably so that his neighbours can see that he is "loaded".

For some reason he needs to believe that he is better off than Yo
Old January 28th 17, 10:09 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Rod Speed

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances
spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being skint
and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention seeking.

I think you should realise that the pension pot does not actually
exist now - as you can see he has started taking it as a pension.
He has left it in to give him a feeling of extra security.

As I recall, it isnt that black and white. He got PART
of it as a lump sum and part of it as a pension.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be
spending £30,000 on a brand new car : particularly when I had
already spent a not insignificant amount on my existing car.

But he does plan to start working again for other reasons.

It is probably so that his neighbours can see that he is "loaded".

For some reason he needs to believe that he is better off than Yo

He is better off that quite a few.

Old January 28th 17, 11:08 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:09:13 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

As I recall, it isnt that black and white. He got PART
of it as a lump sum and part of it as a pension.

He didn't get more than half a million as he claimed: I suspect he is quite
embarrassed now,

He took a lump sum of £108,000 to pay off his house.

He took a pension with the residue.

He no longer has that money.

He has an income of about £15,000 and owes £34,000

I trust he does not mind us discussing his financial arrangements : after all,
I assume that is why he posted them here for all to see and talk about.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be
spending £30,000 on a brand new car : particularly when I had
already spent a not insignificant amount on my existing car.

But he does plan to start working again for other reasons.

Assuming he takes any one of the many jobs he has been "offered".

Old January 28th 17, 04:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Rod Speed

Judith wrote
Rod Speed wrote

As I recall, it isnt that black and white. He got PART
of it as a lump sum and part of it as a pension.

He didn't get more than half a million as he claimed:

You have no way of knowing what he got.

I suspect he is quite embarrassed now,

He took a lump sum of £108,000 to pay off his house.

He took a pension with the residue.

You don't know that.

He no longer has that money.

Or that either.

He has an income of about £15,000

Or that either. You don't even know which job
he ended up with, let alone how much it pays.

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels.

I trust he does not mind us discussing his financial arrangements :
after all, I assume that is why he posted them here for all to see

Yes.

and talk about.

You don't know that either.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be
spending £30,000 on a brand new car : particularly when I had
already spent a not insignificant amount on my existing car.

But he does plan to start working again for other reasons.

Assuming he takes any one of the many jobs he has been "offered".

Rather unlikely he would bother looking/applying for one if he didn't plan
to.

Corse he might end up with a recurrence of that medical
problem too or just have a melt down between the ears
that has seen him grovel to some god or other too.

Old January 28th 17, 10:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:09:13 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message

Welcome to urc Rod. I see you've already met Judith.
You're going to fit in just fine here.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old January 29th 17, 10:51 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 09:04:00 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

But of course you have to find a new job paying you 18,000 pounds a year net :
that'll be about £23,000.

Have you accepted one of the many offers made to you at that salary yet?

A pension of gross £16692 does not give an income of £1,500 per month - it
gives you £1,400 : and then you will pay tax on it - you will finish up with
about £1200 per calendar month.

So looks like you are 300 quid a month short already

I suggest you do your calculations again.

Old January 29th 17, 12:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/01/2017 10:51, Judith wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

£3,000 a month (£1500 pension and £1500 earnings) will net to about
£2515 after 20% tax on everything over £11,000 (the current tax free
allowance) and 12% (the increase from 10% is Brown's legacy) in National
Insurance on the £1500 earnings.

Even so, £2515 a month is a pretty ood income in retirement if the
mortgage is paid off and there are no housing costs other than
maintenance and insurance.

But of course you have to find a new job paying you 18,000 pounds a year net :
that'll be about £23,000.

True.

My estimate above is based on £1500 a month (£18,000 a year) gross, not net.

Have you accepted one of the many offers made to you at that salary yet?

A pension of gross £16692 does not give an income of £1,500 per month - it
gives you £1,400 : and then you will pay tax on it - you will finish up with
about £1200 per calendar month.

If the only income were £16692 pension, that would attract income tax of
about £1140, reducing the income to about £1295 a month.

It really isn't easy for someone who has earned somewhere around the
national average wage to get as much as £3,000 a month in retirement.

But then, if they have managed their finances reasonably wisely during
their working years (and crucially, have no housing debt and maybe
something in the second half of five figures in rainy day savings),
£2,000 a month works very well. Even £1500 a month works well, since it
is more than the averag working Joe has to spend after meeting today's
horrific mortgage payments.

Old January 29th 17, 01:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Dennis@home

On 29/01/2017 12:18, JNugent wrote:

Even so, £2515 a month is a pretty ood income in retirement if the
mortgage is paid off and there are no housing costs other than
maintenance and insurance.

Its not that good.
We will have more if we ever get to get a state pension.

Old January 29th 17, 01:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/01/2017 13:27, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/01/2017 12:18, JNugent wrote:

Even so, £2515 a month is a pretty ood income in retirement if the
mortgage is paid off and there are no housing costs other than
maintenance and insurance.

Its not that good.
We will have more if we ever get to get a state pension.

Well done.

You too must have a Big Pension Pot [TM].
Old January 29th 17, 05:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Simon Mason really lost the plot

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

mason again Tony Dragon UK 43 June 2nd 12 10:53 AM
Mason is a wimp. Dave - Cyclists VOR UK 12 March 5th 12 03:07 AM
Mason Judith[_4_] UK 2 January 17th 12 12:35 AM
Is this alt.rec.simon.mason ? Mentalguy2k8[_2_] UK 30 August 6th 11 09:02 PM
Where is Simon Mason? Nuxx Bar UK 5 June 9th 09 11:44 AM