Looking for hotel recommendations in Alpe d'Huez in June

Old April 16th 05, 11:48 AM
Paul Keusemann

Default Looking for hotel recommendations in Alpe d'Huez in June

I'm going to be in France in June (12-14)and have a couple of days to spend
in the alps and am looking for a hotel in Alpe d'Huez.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
--
Paul Keusemann
4266 Joppa Court (952) 894-7805
Old April 16th 05, 01:51 PM
hueyville

dude,
your gunna hate this. during june a high percentage of the hotels on alpe
d'huez are actually closed. the few that are open are going to cost 200
u.s.d. a night and up if they have any availability. your best bet is to
stay in grenoble and pay about a c-note for a good room and take the train
to the base of the alpe in the mornings. your bike is welcome on the train.
it is usually cheaper and easier to fly into geneva switzerland to go to the
french alps also. when we were in alpe d'huez we car camped. if you are
renting a car, take a tent and you will save major cash and then you can
stay longer. stop in and say high to max at the face to face board shop if
you need any local info. he speaks good english and is very helpful.
michael
www.coolbicycling.com

Old April 17th 05, 03:23 AM
Telford

Do you have to stay at the top (Alpe d'Huez)?
Why not Bourg d'Oisans, at the foot of the climb?
There are many choices there.

I climbed Alpe d'Huez a couple of years ago and
doesn't seem like a place where I would want to stay for the duration.
(climbing YES, staying NO)

But if you must, I think there are some places that does open
during that period, just search this website

http://www.tourisme-oisans.com/uk/oi...ebergement.htm

But Bourg d'Oisans is better place to stay and much more option
of reasonable-cost accomodations (use same webpage for Bourg
d'Oisans hotels) and restaurants, bars, other type of shops
It is also much better place to be based for other rides as well
such as Galibier and Croix de Fer

listing of hotels in Bourg d'Oisans at

http://bourgdoisans.com/otbo_uk/index_uk.htm

Old April 18th 05, 11:16 PM
Paul Keusemann

In article ,
Telford wrote:
Do you have to stay at the top (Alpe d'Huez)?
Why not Bourg d'Oisans, at the foot of the climb?
There are many choices there.

Either would be OK.

I climbed Alpe d'Huez a couple of years ago and
doesn't seem like a place where I would want to stay for the duration.
(climbing YES, staying NO)

But if you must, I think there are some places that does open
during that period, just search this website

http://www.tourisme-oisans.com/uk/oi...ebergement.htm

Thanks for the pointer.

But Bourg d'Oisans is better place to stay and much more option
of reasonable-cost accomodations (use same webpage for Bourg
d'Oisans hotels) and restaurants, bars, other type of shops
It is also much better place to be based for other rides as well
such as Galibier and Croix de Fer

listing of hotels in Bourg d'Oisans at

http://bourgdoisans.com/otbo_uk/index_uk.htm

If you don't mind my asking, have you stayed at any of these?

Alpe d'Huez Meschersmit UK 6 July 28th 04 09:26 PM
Tomorrow's Stage to Alpe d'Huez: What time does Lance start? Lance Fan Racing 2 July 20th 04 05:32 PM
Detailed information on Road Closure for Alpe d'Huez time-trial rstandring Australia 1 July 19th 04 12:10 PM
Detailed information on Road Closure for Alpe d'Huez time-trial rstandring UK 3 July 17th 04 04:49 AM
TT in Alpe d'HUez CTRDY01 Racing 66 October 30th 03 06:38 AM