Lance sets hour speed record

Old October 19th 03, 03:15 PM
OnThaBeach

Default Lance sets hour speed record

Lance spent 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday in Arlington, Va. signing copies of "Every
Second Counts." In this case it meant that Lance signed 750 books, or about one
book every 4.8 seconds.

Old October 20th 03, 05:08 AM
Sonarrat

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
ink.net...

I wonder if you'd be so suspicious if you knew that he used Anquetil's
pedaling style.

I had it suggested to me that Indurain taught it to him. I've had a lot of
bogus information foisted on me, so I'd like to confirm this...

-Sonarrat.

Old October 20th 03, 07:48 AM
Don Pickett

Indurain may have rediscovered it, but Anqueitl can lay some claim to
it. Anquetil and Indurain were very similar riders; astounding time
trialers who had enough power to hang with the climbers in the
mountains.

Old October 20th 03, 05:37 PM
Carl Sundquist

"Steven" wrote in message

Wrong, apparently there were tickets envolved and people
camped out to get them. rumour is by 5:00am that morning they were all
out.

Those were all the people who couldn't afford more than $162 to buy Lance's junior high
school love note on ebay.

Old October 20th 03, 06:46 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article ,
says...

Recent findings pour plenty of suspicion on anyone who is involved with
a doctor who is under suspicion.

So now you are guilty by association????
-------------
Alex

Old October 20th 03, 08:55 PM
Mike Krueger

He always stated that he did not take any illegal substances but that is not
the same as stating that he never took any performance enhancing substances

So what? A "performance enhancing substance" that's legal is LEGAL. Caffeine is
a performance enhancing substance. Nearly every rider in Europe drinks espresso
or coffee with breakfast. Should that be scrutinized as well? How can anyone
cast recriminations over use of legal substances?

LVM breaks hour record Tony Racing 198 October 12th 03 02:31 AM
Armstrong and the Hour Nick Burns Racing 9 September 18th 03 10:27 PM
Record Speed, tour stage 19 Geoff Willingston Racing 4 July 27th 03 02:12 AM
Lance predicts a Tour record for tomorrow's ITT Nick Burns Racing 4 July 25th 03 10:47 PM
Could Lance break the "athlete's hour" record? Boyd Speerschneider Racing 9 July 23rd 03 05:39 AM