Padded boxers 7 rain gear

Old August 11th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Padded boxers 7 rain gear

Anyone try the padded boxers to be used under normal clothes to make
any pant/short more comfy on the bike? Considering ordering a pair
from Nashbar to go with my normal athletic pants, and maybe some rain
gear. Speaking of, anyone tried the Nashbar Premium Rain Pant?
Doesn't mention padding anywhere, another use for the boxers I guess.
I'm wondering if Marine rain gear wouldn't be the way to go instead of
bike-specific stuff. I don't have a need for it to fold up and fit in
a saddle bag, and anything that stands up to New England storms on the
ocean has to cut the mustard for cycling, I'd assume. I find for cold
weather my motorcycling & snowboarding gear carries over to the bike
quite well, I see no reason marine rain gear wouldn't as well.
Old August 11th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

" wrote:

Anyone try the padded boxers to be used under normal clothes to make
any pant/short more comfy on the bike?

Nope haven't tried em yet but have been thinking abt
trying some as well. Just don't know which brand is
best.

I know Rivendell sells some as well as pushes them over
'combined" padded shorts where the short and padding
are sewn together. They claim it make more sense to
have em separate so you can change things more easily
if they get damp and need drying out. etc

rain gear Will General 8 June 27th 06 04:54 PM
Recumbent Rain Gear [email protected] Recumbent Biking 3 June 22nd 06 09:32 PM
Carradice Rain Gear [email protected] General 0 March 4th 06 04:33 PM
Favorite rain gear? Matt O'Toole Techniques 15 April 19th 05 01:32 PM
Rain gear DRS Australia 10 May 9th 04 10:27 PM