State your opinion on COVID-19

Old May 14th 20, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default State your opinion on COVID-19

On 5/14/2020 5:00 PM, wrote:

Trump was speaking about using UV light to disinfect surfaces that could be contaminated with the Wuhan virus. That business about injecting disinfectant was shouted from off camera and Trump repeated it with a question mark. The way it was picked up it was pretty clear that it was a reporter who said that and it was nothing more than a trap.

Oh really? Got evidence of that, besides the voices in your head?

This looks different, especially Dr. Birx's despairing body language:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57zJr82dhQ

But Trump later said he was being sarcastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bX8kEHTbug
Odd that nobody at the time detected sarcasm in his voice. Not even the
makers of Lysol, who must have been terrified of lawsuits if people did
what Trump suggested.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...mp-raises-idea

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 15th 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

writes:

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 12:45:26 PM UTC-5, Radey Shouman wrote:
writes:

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 9:11:30 AM UTC-5, Radey Shouman wrote:
jbeattie writes:

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 7:56:48 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 5/13/2020 8:45 AM,
wrote:

Can we talk about bicycles in rec.bicycles.tech?

Choose from the following topics:

a) Helmet conspiracy
b) Dynamo lights versus battery powered lights
c) Chain cleaning and lubrication

Don't get me going on battery powered helmet lights. Gads, those are
blinding on a MUP/cycletrack -- right at eye level. I'd like to whack
those people with a waxy chain. And its always the guys with like six
lights, and they're always in places where you could get by with no
light at all.

Seems to me the real problem is that they are on all the time, when they
should be activated only when really needed. We need a hands free
interface -- maybe wiggling the ears should turn them on momentarily, or
blinking the left eye in a Morse code SOS.

yes, like Iron Man's helmet. He just thinks a command and it closes on
his face. I tried that with a toaster, and I still have to push down
on the lever to turn the magical bread slices into toast.

Do you have the USB-C socket at the base of the skull?

No. That would hurt.

No wonder it doesn't work, then.
Old May 15th 20, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Thu, 14 May 2020 08:07:14 -0700, ernestomarord wrote:

yes, like Iron Man's helmet. He just thinks a command and it closes on
his face. I tried that with a toaster, and I still have to push down on
the lever to turn the magical bread slices into toast.

You need a Talkie Toaster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec
Old May 15th 20, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Thu, 14 May 2020 16:44:15 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Thursday, 14 May 2020 18:50:30 UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2020 12:04:47 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 5/14/2020 10:30 AM, wrote:

Sepp, average is average and not specific. Moreover, the statistics from the CDC are now completely and totally useless. Just last night the CDC admitted to marking people killed in a gunfight as covid-19 deaths.

Do you have a citation or link for that claim? Other than the voices in
your head, that is?

Frank, you just have to stop nagging Tom. After all, he finished the
8th grade which proves that he is smarter than average and highly
qualified to expound on medical subjects.
(doesn't it?)
--
cheers,

John B.

Whatever would you and Frank do for entertainment if you didn't have poor Tom to reply to or lead on?

LOL and cheers

Probably have to take on those Canadian's that ride around on unpaved
paths out there in the woods :-)

Don't you people realize that back in prehistoric times, the late
1890's and early 1900's bicyclists were frothing at the mouth, jumping
down and screaming that they just had to have smooth roads.... and now
they've got them why do y'all run about out there in the bushes?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 15th 20, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 2:00:14 PM UTC-7, wrote:
snip

Picked up my Trek Emonda from the shop. Since it was sprinkling I have had a chance to test ride it.

What bearings did they install? 37mm? 37.1mm? Retaining compound?

Sprinkling. Pfff. You can always wipe it off.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 15th 20, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Gravel bikes

wrote:

Whatever would you and Frank do for entertainment if you didn't have poor Tom to reply to or lead on?

LOL and cheers

Probably have to take on those Canadian's that ride around on unpaved
paths out there in the woods :-)

Don't you people realize that back in prehistoric times, the late
1890's and early 1900's bicyclists were frothing at the mouth, jumping
down and screaming that they just had to have smooth roads.... and now
they've got them why do y'all run about out there in the bushes?

I've wondered about that when thinking about the popularity of mountain
bikes and now, gravel bikes.

To each his own, I guess. I'm not shy about riding gravel or dirt when
it looks interesting or convenient, like a short cut. But I find it _so_
much more pleasant to ride on decent paved surfaces. In particular,
mountain biking just beats me up.

Admittedly, I'm blessed by a dense network of fairly quiet country
roads. I suppose if a person's in a place where most paved roads are
very busy _and_ there's a network of quiet gravel roads, they might
prefer to avoid asphalt.

But I do think many "no asphalt" people are just afraid of all motor
vehicle traffic.

(Not Sir, of course. He's described his mid-city commuting.)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 15th 20, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/14/2020 9:12 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 2:00:14 PM UTC-7, wrote:
snip

Picked up my Trek Emonda from the shop. Since it was sprinkling I have had a chance to test ride it.

What bearings did they install? 37mm? 37.1mm? Retaining compound?

Sprinkling. Pfff. You can always wipe it off.

I haven't ridden in the rain since... let's see, about 11 AM.

Not that I prefer it, mind you.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 15th 20, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 6:27:59 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/14/2020 9:12 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 2:00:14 PM UTC-7, wrote:
snip

Picked up my Trek Emonda from the shop. Since it was sprinkling I have had a chance to test ride it.

What bearings did they install? 37mm? 37.1mm? Retaining compound?

Sprinkling. Pfff. You can always wipe it off.

I haven't ridden in the rain since... let's see, about 11 AM.

Not that I prefer it, mind you.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I did a lunch ride yesterday with my neighbor/best biking buddy who is positively crushing me this year, so bicycle selection is important. If he brings his Pinarello, I'm totally doomed on my somewhat tubby fendered Cannondale Synapse. I stood there in my garage, looking out at gray skies wondering if it was going to rain -- Emonda . . . Synapse, Emonda . . . Synapse. I took the Emonda and wore shorts and a Castelli Gabba short sleeve jersey and no shoe covers. It's like being optimistic, but not overly optimistic hedging with the Gabba jersey. He took his Pinarello. I still got throttled, but less so -- and the skies opened up just as I was getting home. Woo hoo.. I totally understand not wanting to get the nice bike too wet.

-- Jay Beattie.

Who or what can beat COVID-19? Move into your sauna! Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 19 March 22nd 20 10:06 PM
Riding in the Age of COVID-19. jbeattie Techniques 26 March 18th 20 10:20 PM
your opinion birkes Mountain Biking 3 June 9th 06 11:50 PM
Your opinion silverfridge Unicycling 7 January 21st 06 02:57 AM
Your opinion on this Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 3 August 29th 04 10:08 PM