OT! Fact check

Old April 24th 20, 08:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default OT! Fact check

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 1:29:27 AM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/23/2020 5:49 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 08:13:08 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 6:43:40 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 2:07:12 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:

By the way, Hillary got the majority of the U.S. vote so had the U.S..
been a truly democratic country she would be the President.

John B.

For heaven's sake, Slow Johnny, go read a kiddies' civics primer. The United States is not a democracy. It is a federation of states. And the reason there is an electoral college is because the founders feared the demos and built in the electoral college to prevent the majority discriminating permanently against the minority. It is the most successful governmental system, second only to the Westminster system, in the world's history, and you don't even know the first thing about it.

Amazing comment. Of course I know that the U.S. is not a true
democracy. And Yes, I know why the Electoral Collage was invented.
Good Lord, I even went to school and remembered what they said.

But would you like bet on whether the majority of, oh say, the first
100 people you meet walking down the street, would define the U.S. as
a democracy, or not?

Which, of course was my point.

One day -- soon I hope -- you will get something right, even if only because a blinds squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Until then, you too are an embarrassment.

I hate to tell you but your statement that a "blind squirrel
occasionally finds a nut" is totally false as a blind squirrel would
have starved to death long before he grew old enough to eat a nut.

Dear blind squirrel, the founders were divided into many camps. Those who favored a popular vote were afraid of powerful factions within government electing the president -- a possibly foreign influenced minority oppressing the majority. Some feared mob rule. The southern states didn't want a popular vote since slaves couldn't vote, and northern states would have more power. The over-all compromise was a hybrid state-and-population approach (with slaves being 3/5ths a person). Every state gets two senators and a number of representatives based on population, and electors are allocated in the same way. The problem/intricacy of the electoral system is the role of political parties and state law. IMO, our problem is that we have only two real political parties.

I am amazed, you must have paid attention in class when you were in
school. But again, would you like to bet on the answers you would get
asking the first 100 people walking down the street in, oh say,
Seattle, if they lived in a democracy? Which, again, was the point of
my statement.

Democracy is the system in which the Hutus wake up one
morning and decide to kill all the Tutsis. (in classic
analogy, two wolves and a sheep voting today's menu).

The United States of America is a constitutional republic of
sovereign States. Democracy is 'mob rule'.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Interestingly, within only a couple of years the Founder's wisdom would be confirmed in the course of the French Revolution, which started as a revolt of lawyers over their ancient guild (hereditary union!) rights in the so-called Parlements (sic, not a misspelling), but didn't turn generally bloody until the sans culottes, the common people, caught the revolutionary fever, when the Revolution stated eating its children. Over Colonial dinner tables there must have been quite a bit of "But for the grace of God, that could have been our future too." The big thing about the Founders isn't only how clever and prescient they were, which everyone observes because it is true, but how temperate among what must have been a great temptation to overreach themselves ("for the good the good of the people," of course). Contrast Lenin, whose last words were, "There aren't enough executions." Or Stalin, the archetypal overreacher, when Lenin's widow baulked at Stalin (whom she and all the other Bolshevik intellectuals regarded as a bureaucratic flunky) refused to cooperate in his plan to deify Lenin: "If Krupskaya won't do as she's told, I shall have to appoint someone else to be Lenin's widow."

The Rwanda-Burundi used to be such a beautiful place...

Andre Jute
Of course there is good history and bad history, otherwise Morality and Ethics would have no foil to measure its efficacy.
Old April 24th 20, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 6:43:40 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 2:07:12 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:

By the way, Hillary got the majority of the U.S. vote so had the U.S..
been a truly democratic country she would be the President.

John B.

For heaven's sake, Slow Johnny, go read a kiddies' civics primer. The United States is not a democracy. It is a federation of states. And the reason there is an electoral college is because the founders feared the demos and built in the electoral college to prevent the majority discriminating permanently against the minority. It is the most successful governmental system, second only to the Westminster system, in the world's history, and you don't even know the first thing about it.

Amazing comment.

If there's a single fact I stated that is not true, you should specify it rather than offer us this vague conspiratorial crap of "Amazing comment."

Of course I know that the U.S. is not a true
democracy.

Then why not say so? As it stands you simply add to your reputation for grabbing the wrong facts from the wrong place and getting their implication 180 degrees obtuse.

And Yes, I know why the Electoral Collage was invented.

Once again, Slow Johnny, then you should say so -- and prove it. Otherwise we suspect that your claim of knowledge falls under your general "look at me, ma" ignorant smartassery.

Good Lord, I even went to school and remembered what they said.

Why, good for you. Which school? Perhaps the NYT's 1619 "school"?

But would you like bet on whether the majority of, oh say, the first
100 people you meet walking down the street, would define the U.S. as
a democracy, or not?

Oh, I would bet on it. I know what they would say. I first asked that question over half-a-century ago, and not of a 100 but of 3000 properly socio-economically and regionally stratified Americans.

Which, of course was my point.

Really. Once more, if you have a point to make, make it. Don't count on anybody here to be a mindreader for some semi-detached Thai.

One day -- soon I hope -- you will get something right, even if only because a blinds squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Until then, you too are an embarrassment.

I hate to tell you but your statement that a "blind squirrel
occasionally finds a nut" is totally false as a blind squirrel would
have starved to death long before he grew old enough to eat a nut.

Yeah, I love you too, Short Johnny. But see, that's literary license, which is fine when I do it, because that's what I do, but when you do it makes people think you're thicker than two short planks together, and dumb enough to insist on literal interpretations for everyone else but you, and arrogant enough to believe we won't notice and pull you up short.

Unsigned out of contempt for a bully.
Old April 24th 20, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 8:06:45 AM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 23.04.2020 um 02:06 schrieb :
[claims HRC would have saved the lives of Americans that Trump did not]

Rest assured that with war-mongering Hillary "she saw, she killed, she came"
Clinton, countless additional non-Americans would have died by now.

But is that a bad thing? Some peoples needs a kill'n.

Mortality after the "Trump" hydrocloroquine treatment is double that of
"no treatment":

You forgot that the subject nominally is still "Fact check"[1]

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf

Oops, late stage patients, and no "Zev" zinc.[2]

IF you read the paper, please refute Raoult's[3] three accusations of major
bias!

It only costs you $20 and maybe your life.

Believing any politician can cost you your life ... even before entering a
VA Hospital as a patient.

Hopes are dimming for chloroquine, with or without beer chaser.
https://tinyurl.com/yackhn56

Trump will now promote sunlamps and Lysol injections. I get so much comfort from these daily addresses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QdTOyXz3w They're like FDR's Fireside Chats except by a lunatic uncle. The reaction shots are precious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57zJr82dhQ Dr. Birx has the same expression I have during a prostate exam. God bless America!

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 24th 20, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/24/2020 1:07 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Hopes are dimming for chloroquine, with or without beer chaser. https://tinyurl.com/yackhn56

Trump will now promote sunlamps and Lysol injections. I get so much comfort from these daily addresses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QdTOyXz3w They're like FDR's Fireside Chats except by a lunatic uncle. The reaction shots are precious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57zJr82dhQ Dr. Birx has the same expression I have during a prostate exam. God bless America!

To me, the most distressing thing is this: No matter what obvious,
proven bull**** is spouted off the cuff by this idiot, his fans find no
fault. Instead, they find ways of twisting the facts to absolve his
idiocy, to pretend he's actually competent.

I fear for our country.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 25th 20, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 10:54:21 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/24/2020 1:07 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Hopes are dimming for chloroquine, with or without beer chaser. https://tinyurl.com/yackhn56

Trump will now promote sunlamps and Lysol injections. I get so much comfort from these daily addresses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QdTOyXz3w They're like FDR's Fireside Chats except by a lunatic uncle. The reaction shots are precious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57zJr82dhQ Dr. Birx has the same expression I have during a prostate exam. God bless America!

To me, the most distressing thing is this: No matter what obvious,
proven bull**** is spouted off the cuff by this idiot, his fans find no
fault. Instead, they find ways of twisting the facts to absolve his
idiocy, to pretend he's actually competent.

I fear for our country.

Well snowflake, you'd feel better if you shined a sunlamp up your a**! Get on board the Trump train!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-no-experience We now have the "no experience" data point.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 25th 20, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 17:01:15 -0700, jbeattie wrote:

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 10:54:21 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

To me, the most distressing thing is this: No matter what obvious,
proven bull**** is spouted off the cuff by this idiot, his fans find no
fault. Instead, they find ways of twisting the facts to absolve his
idiocy, to pretend he's actually competent.

I fear for our country.

Well snowflake, you'd feel better if you shined a sunlamp up your a**!
Get on board the Trump train!

YMMV, but isn't is better to continue to wear yur arse/ass mask as normal
so your farts don't spread Covid-19

soz, no link but io understnad a "norman swan podcast of this has gone
viral
Old April 25th 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/24/2020 7:01 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your continued support. Of the President:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/24/lefts-...e-elect-trump/

Old April 25th 20, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 00:24:28 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 17:01:15 -0700, jbeattie wrote:

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 10:54:21 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

To me, the most distressing thing is this: No matter what obvious,
proven bull**** is spouted off the cuff by this idiot, his fans find no
fault. Instead, they find ways of twisting the facts to absolve his
idiocy, to pretend he's actually competent.

I fear for our country.

Well snowflake, you'd feel better if you shined a sunlamp up your a**!
Get on board the Trump train!

YMMV, but isn't is better to continue to wear yur arse/ass mask as normal
so your farts don't spread Covid-19

soz, no link but io understnad a "norman swan podcast of this has gone
viral

To corroborate your post I did read a day or so ago an article
suggesting that "you guys" wash your hands after using the toilet as
the virus count in feces was far higher than in exhaled air :-)

But a "mask" is not required to suppress farts simply hold a lit match
or cigarette lighter by your bum when you let one go.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 25th 20, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 4/24/2020 5:01 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

This was a great article:
https://thehobbledehoy.com/2019/03/08/british-writer-pens-the-best-description-of-trump-ive-read/

"After Trump is gone, one of the things I'm going to remember is the
cowardice of people that went along." Richard Primus

Old April 25th 20, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 6:08:16 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Sad isn't it. People get mad and elect a dope. It's like revenge sex with a syphilitic. Not that Biden is any catch. One would hope for better choices..

-- Jay Beattie.

Of course we already know this fact Bod[_5_] UK 13 January 23rd 20 03:20 PM
Fact Stranger than Fiction Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 1 February 3rd 12 10:13 PM
Fact checking TheoELind Unicycling 5 September 5th 05 05:13 AM
Comebacks after the fact. mscalisi Unicycling 7 March 19th 04 07:15 AM
An Interesting Fact Murde Mental Unicycling 4 November 16th 03 10:05 PM