Your opinion on this

Old August 29th 04, 05:52 PM
Micheal Artindale

Default Your opinion on this

As you many recall, I am in the process of building a website.

It is almost finished, kinda. I still have a few maps, and edit a few pages,
but im close to being finished.

www.geocities.com/north_bay_trails/index.html

Take a look around, see what you think of it.

Contact me with any suggestions...

One thing i am loooking for is a colour scheme. currently its white
background, and black text. What would you sugggest?

Micheal

Old August 29th 04, 06:32 PM
Phil Squire

"Micheal Artindale" wrote in message
As you many recall, I am in the process of building a website.

It is almost finished, kinda. I still have a few maps, and edit a few

pages,
but im close to being finished.

www.geocities.com/north_bay_trails/index.html

Take a look around, see what you think of it.

Contact me with any suggestions...

Use. verdana for the text.

One thing i am loooking for is a colour scheme. currently its white
background, and black text. What would you sugggest?

Leave it as it is.

Micheal

Old August 29th 04, 07:41 PM
Slacker

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:52:59 -0400, Micheal Artindale =

=

pages,
but im close to being finished.

www.geocities.com/north_bay_trails/index.html

Take a look around, see what you think of it.

Contact me with any suggestions...

One thing i am loooking for is a colour scheme. currently its white
background, and black text. What would you sugggest?

Micheal

Looks nice and clean. Personally, I don't dig white backgrounds... Here =
=

are some samples. I just find the darker backgrounds easier on my eyes, =
=

plus it looks cool :-)

http://www.balleracing.com/index.htm

http://www.privateerracing.com/

http://www.pyrotek.com/pyrotek-main.htm

http://www.turnerbikes.com/
-- =

Slacker
"Riding up hill is like masterbating with a sandpaper glove...You knew i=
t =

was a bad idea the instant you heard about it." bikecowboy69
Old August 29th 04, 10:08 PM
Westie

Micheal Artindale wrote:
As you many recall, I am in the process of building a website.

It is almost finished, kinda. I still have a few maps, and edit a few
pages, but im close to being finished.

www.geocities.com/north_bay_trails/index.html

Take a look around, see what you think of it.

Contact me with any suggestions...

One thing i am loooking for is a colour scheme. currently its white
background, and black text. What would you sugggest?

Micheal

This is probably going to sound negative, but I'm just trying to be helpful:

The navigation links at the top of the page (warnings, ratings, trails,
etc.) need to be a bigger font size, like a heading.

There is some confusion with the navigation links and the text below "Trails
in North Bay Ontario". You see the blue links on the left and expect the
text to the right to explain what the link is in more detail. It doesn't,
it's actually part of you introduction. Perhaps you could change the colour
of the table cells that the links are in so that it separates the links from
your introduction. I'm no expert but perhaps you could consider making
these 'navigation links' as a table within the main table in the HTML. I
think that it would make tweaking the navigation panel a lot easier in the
future but will require some re-coding now.

The map needs a heading or a title - you don't automatically know what it is
a map of. The map is nice and clear but is too big. At least, I'd like to
be able to see the names of the trails while looking at the map. Either
reduce it in size so that the trails names below are all visible or put the
trail names on the map. It would also be nice if you could make an image
map out of it so that you can click on it and jump to the appropriate trail.
At least make the trail names below the map clickable links. I found that I
wiggled the cursor around over the map and the list of trail names
desperately expecting clickable links somewhere and was frustrated not to
find any.

Oh, and have a look at style sheets too. They're actually not too
complicated once you get your head around them and they can save oodles of
time later on once you get them in place.

Hope that I haven't seemed too negative. It'll be a good, useful site once
you tweak the appearance and usability a little.
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)