Odd flats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21st 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Odd flats

Bang! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Odd, no whoosh-whoosh-whoosh as the puncture spun around.

And the prolonged hiss stopped as soon as I stopped.

Well, a Slime tube can seal things like that.

But the front tire feels fine. Maybe it's the back tire? No, both
tires are fine.

Hmmm . . . Flip bike upside-down, peer more closely at tires. Nope,
both tires are fine.

Idly spin rear tire--nothing.

Idly spin front tire--HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

A dry branch goes bang! when it breaks under the front tire.

A dry leaf trapped just right between fork legs and the brake arms
makes a really impressive hissing noise if the tire just barely rubs
it.

***

Foosh!

No doubt about this puncture, flat as a pancake in an instant.

A car ran over someone's purple sunglasses, leaving a sharp and
hard-to-see lens fragment, which my front tire flipped up to greet my
rear ti
http://i48.tinypic.com/301h7ie.jpg

Made me long for a simple goathead. Reminded why I carry tire boots
and a rolled-up spare tire.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

No more flats Greens Techniques 1 September 15th 07 02:03 PM
Tires and flats [email protected] Techniques 19 May 9th 06 04:45 AM
Got Flats? (redux) JD Mountain Biking 0 November 7th 05 11:28 PM
30 on the flats! jj General 26 April 4th 05 02:40 PM
Too many Flats...what to do? daino149 Unicycling 19 March 10th 04 07:18 AM