insert lots of expetives here!!!!!!!

Old September 27th 04, 01:34 AM
flyingdutch

Default insert lots of expetives here!!!!!!!

I was gingerly rising into work this am due to wobbly-post-BR-syndrome
(and playig soccer in the arvo with girls whilst not spilling gelati i
carlton gardens. quite a skill you kno...)
BB was making omnious grinding noises so I knew that LBS was on th
Agenda. But of course to add to the 'experience' I pinged a spoke i
the rear wheel. Causing a horrendous kink. ONE spoke making that muc
diff

So, riding along. listening to the awful noises. Marvelling at how muc
broken glass Power+Lions supporters had managed to import to Melbourn
over the weekend.
Stop at Hoddle/Cnr.

BANG!
Front tyre just blows. i didnt even have any weight on it. honest!!
Oh well. there;s a park bench to sit on whilst I apply repairs.
Oh crap. spare tubes in other saddle bag!!!
Walking for me.
Oh double-crap!! Rain!!!

What else?
bump into Howard doing his morning walk?
Splashed by driveby truck?

Not a good start to the week. Still its my last week in corporate hell
:rolleyes

--
flyingdutch

Old September 27th 04, 02:18 AM
suzyj

Blimey, that's gotta count as one of the worst commutes I've ever heard
of. My commutes for the last few days of last week and today have been
pretty damned blissful, I gotta admit, but a shiny new bike'll do that
to ya.

Regards,

Suzy

PS: Pics of said shiny new bike at
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Suzy.../addendum.html
(scroll to bottom of page).

--
suzyj

Old September 27th 04, 01:44 PM
mfhor

suzyj Wrote:
Blimey, that's gotta count as one of the worst commutes I've ever hear
of. My commutes for the last few days of last week and today have bee
pretty damned blissful, I gotta admit, but a shiny new bike'll do tha
to ya.

Regards,

Suzy

PS: Pics of said shiny new bike at
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Suzy.../addendum.html
(scroll to bottom of page).

Tsk. Poor guy has just almost trashed his bike, and you have to ru
his nose in pr0n?

And I say again. Tsk.

V. nice pr0n, BTW.

M "I like to watch"

--
mfhor

Old September 28th 04, 12:59 AM
hippy

"suzyj" wrote
PS: Pics of said shiny new bike at
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Suzy.../addendum.html
(scroll to bottom of page).

Hey SJ, how come you didn't do that lovely
polishing on the other lugs? It looks awesome
and would be great on all the lugs..

hippy

Old September 28th 04, 02:08 AM
suzyj

Hippy wrote:

Hey SJ, how come you didn't do that lovely
polishing on the other lugs? It looks awesome
and would be great on all the lugs..

I've still got my L-plates on with this whole framebuilding gig, an
wasn't confinent that I could do stainless for the whole bike, so
thought it'd be best to start with something relatively simple, tha
wasn't strictly necessary for the new bike. Hence the stem. Now tha
I'm happy that I can do it, the next couple of bikes will have shin
stainless lugs throughout. I'm even thinking of making stainles
water-bottle bosses. It's pretty addictive

Regards,

Suzy (who's actually been putting some thought into how to mak
stainless lugs for a tandem...

--
suzyj

Old September 28th 04, 01:36 PM
DRS

"suzyj" wrote in message

Hippy wrote:

Hey SJ, how come you didn't do that lovely
polishing on the other lugs? It looks awesome
and would be great on all the lugs..

I've still got my L-plates on with this whole framebuilding gig, and
wasn't confinent that I could do stainless for the whole bike, so I
thought it'd be best to start with something relatively simple, that
wasn't strictly necessary for the new bike. Hence the stem. Now that
I'm happy that I can do it, the next couple of bikes will have shiny
stainless lugs throughout. I'm even thinking of making stainless
water-bottle bosses. It's pretty addictive

It will undoubtedly look stunning. The stem really stood out (although my
favourite touch was the Zefal pump mounting points), an entire frame done to
that quality in that style would be outstanding.

--

A: Top-posters.