Bike crushed for antisocial riding

Old October 1st 11, 06:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

Default Bike crushed for antisocial riding

On 30-Sep-2011, "Simon Mason" wrote:

Good - I am always coming up against these merchants while I am cycling
off
road.

http://www.newswales.co.uk/?section=...y&F=1&id=22646

What a strange case.

"...Twenty-two year old Shane Baggs, from the estate, was reported for
driving without a license, insurance and an MOT.

He was given 6 points which will be endorsed on any future driving license
he may obtain, and ordered to pay £275 in fines..."

And he had his £1000 bike destroyed as well?

Doug.
Old October 1st 11, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 30-Sep-2011, "Simon Mason" wrote:

Good - I am always coming up against these merchants while I am
cycling off
road.

http://www.newswales.co.uk/?section=...y&F=1&id=22646

What a strange case.

Yes, it involved no bicycles at all.

Old October 1st 11, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Oct 1, 6:06*am, "Doug" wrote:
On 30-Sep-2011, "Simon Mason" wrote:

Good - I am always coming up against these merchants while I am cycling
off
road.

http://www.newswales.co.uk/?section=...y&F=1&id=22646

What a strange case.

"...Twenty-two year old Shane Baggs, from the estate, was reported for
driving without a license, insurance and an MOT.

He was given 6 points which will be endorsed on any future driving license
he may obtain, and ordered to pay 275 in fines..."

And he had his 1000 bike destroyed as well?

Doug.

Well, it was the bike that was causing the problem and like the yob
with the Saxo doing handbrake turns in a supermarket car park that I
posted yesterday, they both got crushed which put a stop to the
antisocial behaviour.

--
Simon Mason
Old October 1st 11, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 30-Sep-2011, "Simon Mason" wrote:

Good - I am always coming up against these merchants while I am
cycling off
road.

http://www.newswales.co.uk/?section=...y&F=1&id=22646

What a strange case.

strange because of the lack of bicycles, I expect.

Old October 4th 11, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Q:

"Basically I was Driving down to Ice cream world Barsnley. I know its wrong
but i dont have much money. My job is cleaner for a school in barsnley. I
was driving my nissan mircro when a pig stopped me and got my car crushed
unless I pay 67 pounds. Which I have't got because i just did a big food
shop at 99p store. Now I can't get to work, and have to pay a 200 pound
bill. What can i do

Should i be cross with the cop"

A:
"A pig stopped you, good thing it wasn't a hog. If you can't pay the fine
you shouldn't be driving. Start walking or learn to ride a bike."

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...9045240AALCND9

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/