66 percent of cyclists ignore red lights

Old July 21st 13, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default 66 percent of cyclists ignore red lights

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

Old July 21st 13, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 22:16:07 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

what a load of bollox!
Old July 22nd 13, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Sunday, 21 July 2013 22:16:07 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

what a load of bollox!

I agree, it must be nearer 90%.

Old July 21st 13, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Iain[_2_]

Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

My casual surveys within London (two thirds) therefore seem to be similar to
those in Dublin - in fact it is exactly the figure I reported to this group
in March 2009.

--
Iain

Old July 21st 13, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:16:07 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

That photo is a rather curious one.

If I rewind the scene in my mind's eye, I have the jay walking
pedestrian, supposedly avoiding the cyclist, materialising having just
walked through the truck.

If I wind it forward a little, I have the cyclist resting one foot on
the ground just behind the stop line.

The cyclist in the picture is described as a "lycra law-breaker", but
he appears to be wearing black jeans and a white cotton t-shirt.
Old July 21st 13, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Iain[_2_]

wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

That photo is a rather curious one.

If I rewind the scene in my mind's eye, I have the jay walking
pedestrian, supposedly avoiding the cyclist, materialising having just
walked through the truck.

If I wind it forward a little, I have the cyclist resting one foot on
the ground just behind the stop line.

The cyclist in the picture is described as a "lycra law-breaker", but
he appears to be wearing black jeans and a white cotton t-shirt.

The cyclist in the picture is described as 'a cyclist'. You appear to be
quoting from the sub-heading.

--
Iain

Old July 21st 13, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

That photo is a rather curious one.

If I rewind the scene in my mind's eye, I have the jay walking
pedestrian, supposedly avoiding the cyclist, materialising having just
walked through the truck.

If I wind it forward a little, I have the cyclist resting one foot on
the ground just behind the stop line.

The cyclist in the picture is described as a "lycra law-breaker", but
he appears to be wearing black jeans and a white cotton t-shirt.

The cyclist in the picture is described as 'a cyclist'. You appear to be
quoting from the sub-heading.

I was quoting from the main article, yes. And the photo was
illustrating exactly which article?
Old July 21st 13, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

That photo is a rather curious one.

If I rewind the scene in my mind's eye, I have the jay walking
pedestrian, supposedly avoiding the cyclist, materialising having just
walked through the truck.

If I wind it forward a little, I have the cyclist resting one foot on
the ground just behind the stop line.

The cyclist in the picture is described as a "lycra law-breaker", but
he appears to be wearing black jeans and a white cotton t-shirt.

The cyclist in the picture is described as 'a cyclist'. You appear to be
quoting from the sub-heading.

I was quoting from the main article, yes. And the photo was
illustrating exactly which article?

Caption to the photograph: "A a woman evades a cyclist breaking the red
light at College Green, Dublin".

Sub-headline to the (whole) article: "THE heatwave appears to have
turned the growing army of cyclists on our streets into lycra law-breakers".

Come on, this isn't difficult.

Old July 22nd 13, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

No it's not. Mr Reilly spent 20 minutes observing cyclists. He
describes them in the article, and just one he describes as being clad
in lycra: a greybeard, a young man in a Manchester United top, a
middle-aged man and a pretty girl of Asian extraction, a Joni Mitchell
lookalike, a lycra clad, Oakley-sunglasses wearing speed king, a
cool-looking male student with a trilby, a beefy Italian-looking chap.
Old July 22nd 13, 07:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29436118.html

That photo is a rather curious one.

If I rewind the scene in my mind's eye, I have the jay walking
pedestrian, supposedly avoiding the cyclist, materialising having just
walked through the truck.

If I wind it forward a little, I have the cyclist resting one foot on
the ground just behind the stop line.

The cyclist in the picture is described as a "lycra law-breaker", but
he appears to be wearing black jeans and a white cotton t-shirt.

Well that completely negates the report.

Why are you trying to evade the subject, is it embarassing to you?