A lorry driver hurled abuse at me while I was cycling during lockdown

Old April 18th 20, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default A lorry driver hurled abuse at me while I was cycling during lockdown

On 17/04/2020 21:26, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 5:51:42 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire

Before I retired I had to look presentable in the workplace. Does
that not apply to scum cyclists?

I had a change of clothes at work.

Shower and change of clothes in works time? But then again you did post
here in works time. And you did Simon.

Many work places have now moved on from the 19th century.
Old April 18th 20, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Saturday, 18 April 2020 10:22:17 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Peter Keller wrote:
On 18/04/2020 04:51, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
scum cyclists?

Thanks greatly for that EXCELLENT compliment coming from YOU. It is
especially an honour asYOU gave it to me.
No please give me from YOU the further honour of bloody churlish
boil-brained clotpole ponce.

?It really is a very great compliment to be called sum by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

The usual brainless reply.
You really are a thick ****.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352288
Old April 18th 20, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 7:54:55 AM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

I had a change of clothes at work.

Shower and change of clothes in works time? But then again you did post
here in works time. And you did Simon.

Maybe, like most cyclists, he was a salaried professional and got paid to do a job rather than by the hour.

I was actually told to take regular breaks and post to urc as I never took any breaks at the time.
Old April 18th 20, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Saturday, 18 April 2020 10:59:54 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 7:54:55 AM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

I had a change of clothes at work.

Shower and change of clothes in works time? But then again you did post
here in works time. And you did Simon.

Maybe, like most cyclists, he was a salaried professional and got paid to do a job rather than by the hour.

I was actually told to take regular breaks and post to urc as I never took any breaks at the time.

You should read Fast Food Nation

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-Food-N...s%2C150&sr=8-1

Pounder had to be on site and in uniform but only got paid when he was actually serving customers.

Old April 19th 20, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 15/04/2020 19:00, Peter Parry wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 12:26:55 GMT, (Kelly)
wrote:

she didn't get much else wrong.

"I could see an arctic lorry, towering way above me and still 250m
behind, with the driver angrily waving his fist at me"

Cycling in the arctic? Wow.
Old April 19th 20, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 18/04/2020 21:22, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
You really are a thick ****.

Thanks very much and greatly for that EXCELLENT accolade cumming from
YOU. Especially as it cums from YOU.
Now please ejaculate in my direction the further great compliment of
craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting naff. That would really make my
day.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a thick **** by YOU.
Old April 19th 20, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Peter Keller wrote:
On 18/04/2020 04:51, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
scum cyclists?

Thanks greatly for that EXCELLENT compliment coming from YOU. It is
especially an honour asYOU gave it to me.
No please give me from YOU the further honour of bloody churlish
boil-brained clotpole ponce.

?It really is a very great compliment to be called sum by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

The usual brainless reply.
You really are a thick ****.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352288

Whew!
It is great to know that my thick **** seems to be a good thing, and not
atrophied.
Old April 19th 20, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

wrote:

she didn't get much else wrong.

"I could see an arctic lorry, towering way above me and still 250m
behind, with the driver angrily waving his fist at me"

Cycling in the arctic? Wow.

Tim Moore.
The Cyclist Who Went Out in the Cold: Adventures Along the Iron Curtain

Quite amusing.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old April 19th 20, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

wrote:

she didn't get much else wrong.

"I could see an arctic lorry, towering way above me and still 250m
behind, with the driver angrily waving his fist at me"

Cycling in the arctic? Wow.

Would CO2 tyre inflators work in the Arctic? Triple point for CO2 is around 5bar -55C.