Headphones

Old November 25th 05, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Headphones

Which model do you recommend ?
My priority is 1. comfort, 2. sound quality, 3. cost.
I don't like in-ear type. What I use now becomes uncomfortable when I
sweat.
I'll use mostly on trainer. TIA.

Old November 25th 05, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

yk wrote:
Which model do you recommend ?
My priority is 1. comfort, 2. sound quality, 3. cost.
I don't like in-ear type. What I use now becomes uncomfortable when I
sweat.
I'll use mostly on trainer. TIA.

I have these, and find that they've been the most comfortable phones
I've used. They also don't fall out of your ears either (hooks around
the back of the ear), so looking around isn't a problem. They only
downside (depends on the person I suppose) is that it looks like you're
wearing earings.

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/ser...n100133n100130
Old November 26th 05, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:49:21 -0800, yk wrote:

Which model do you recommend ?

None.

My priority is 1. comfort, 2. sound quality, 3. cost.

My solution wins on all counts. Hear what is going on around you, not
Foghat. Nothing sticking in the ear maximizes comfort.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | "It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster." --Greg LeMond
_`\(,_ |
(_)/ (_) |

Old November 26th 05, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Brian S wrote:
yk wrote:
Which model do you recommend ?
My priority is 1. comfort, 2. sound quality, 3. cost.
I don't like in-ear type. What I use now becomes uncomfortable when
I sweat.
I'll use mostly on trainer. TIA.

I have these, and find that they've been the most comfortable phones
I've used. They also don't fall out of your ears either (hooks around
the back of the ear), so looking around isn't a problem. They only
downside (depends on the person I suppose) is that it looks like
you're wearing earings.

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/ser...n100133n100130

I use those (or very similar), too. Good sound, yet doesn't drown out
traffic (unless turned way up -- not smart).

As to comfort, however, they occasionally hurt my ears -- probably because I
always wear a head band and sort of "tuck" 'em inside, along with sunglass
frames. Not usually a problem except on longer rides...

Bill "Steely Dan 8-tracks, baby" S.

Old November 26th 05, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

David L. Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:49:21 -0800, yk wrote:

Which model do you recommend ?

None.

My priority is 1. comfort, 2. sound quality, 3. cost.

My solution wins on all counts. Hear what is going on around you, not
Foghat. Nothing sticking in the ear maximizes comfort.

What are you, the ear bud police? (Per the OP: "I'll use mostly on
trainer.")

Bill "hear and let hear" S.

Old November 26th 05, 12:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:11:22 -0500, David L. Johnson wrote:

My priority is 1. comfort, 2. sound quality, 3. cost.

My solution wins on all counts.

Even the not-mentioned Nazi category.

Old November 27th 05, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

MHS wrote:

And I thought you were the top poster police.

Only when the miscreant has otherwise proven to be a moron and/or a jerk.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Old November 27th 05, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"David L. Johnson" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:49:21 -0800, yk wrote:

Which model do you recommend ?

None.

My priority is 1. comfort, 2. sound quality, 3. cost.

My solution wins on all counts. Hear what is going on around you, not
Foghat. Nothing sticking in the ear maximizes comfort.

Ah, come on, David. The OP did mention he would use them mostly on his
trainer. Even if he used them on the road, judicious use of a mirror and a
shoulder check more than makes up for using headphones. I wear headphones
when I ride, even moreso at night. It's not a problem to know when traffic
is coming up behind me b/c I can see the headlights in my mirror.

Old November 27th 05, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

It's nice to know that a top poster is now classified as a
miscreant...so says the top poster police

So it goes..

MHS wrote:

And I thought you were the top poster police.

Only when the miscreant has otherwise proven to be a moron and/or a jerk.

CONGRATULATIONS!

stable headphones for cycling? Pete Biggs UK 3 November 12th 05 10:14 AM
stable headphones for cycling? gentlegreen UK 1 November 11th 05 09:16 AM
Headphones Saved My Life..... CC General 49 June 11th 05 05:26 AM
Headphones theGoat Australia 23 January 10th 05 11:41 AM
slightly related to the headphones thread Dej Australia 2 May 31st 04 04:22 AM