The Great?

Old June 22nd 16, 08:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

Default The Biking-Hiking Wars

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 22:54:59 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 06:22:31 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Usual bull**** deleted. I don’t even have to read it anymore to recognize
it.
[...]

You see, Dollies mentor, his paladin one might say, who fights the

good fight against California mountain bikers, was arrested and
charged with assault with a weapon for attacking a mountain biker with
a wood saw, and received a jail sentence.

Nope, wrong on all counts, but how typical of those who support mountain
biking to lie about simple facts that anyone can look up.

But that was not an isolated instance, a "hiker" in New Brunswick was

caught placing logs across paths in order to injure bikers, a 57 year
old psychiatrist named Jackson Tyler Dempsey was sentenced to 30 days
in jail and two years of probation for stringing shoulder-level nylon
rope across trails near Ashland, Oregon, a man was caught on camera
moving rocks and logs into riders' paths in Quincy, California, a
mountain biker found plywood boards riddled with protruding nails on
singletrack near Carbondale, Colorado.

I can see that I shall have to start posting hundreds of articles about how
mountain bikers create illegal trails in order to demonstrate their
criminal
mentality.

By the way, I strongly advocate that hikers carry a firearm just in case
they are threatened by these criminal mountain bikers.

In short, hikers are fighting back against the demon bikers who want

to use parks and forests while hikers wish to deny them the use of
these public facilities

Ideally a few justified killings of mountain bikers on the trail by hikers
might clarify things as to whom has the right to these trails. It would
certainly make the land managers sit up and take notice.

But noticeably the name Dolan (the great) is missing from the annals

of those dedicated fighters against the demon cyclists. And one can
only speculate why?

Ed Dolan the Great, along with the Great Mike Vandeman, do our fighting in
other ways.

He posts and posts and posts and posts vilifying the bikers but if

news reports are to be believed takes no action himself.

Posting to a bicycle newsgroup is a form of action that even a dunce like
you should acknowledge.

Following **** deleted
[...]

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Post content or get lost!
[...]

--
cheers,

John B.

Take your "cheers" and shove it up your ass, you god damn dumb ****ing
moron.

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid
to read. I'd get more pleasure from running my nostrils down a cactus, than
reading another contribution from you. Maybe you wouldn't come across as
such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you didn't have an intellect
rivaled only by the Village Idiot's stupider brother;

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a
wig to hide the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn
to control the slobbering. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not
yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast
expanse.

Are you normally this dumb or are you just having a blonde moment? Wouldn't
clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the
gobbledygook in there?

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple,
asshole.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

My goodness Eddie, but you are up late this evening, nearly 11 PM.
Didn't your mother ever tell you that, "early to bed and early to rise
makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"?

But, I guess that she didn't as you seem to have fallen by the wayside
on all counts. Ah well, it wasn't for poor folks rich people wouldn't
be called rich and if it weren't for stupid people the wise would just
be average. So I suppose that you and your ilk do benefit mankind, in
a sort of left handed manner.

But, "Content, Content" he cries. Well O.K.

Lets see, "content" according to Eddie seems to be:

"Take your "cheers" and shove it up your ass, you god damn dumb
****ing moron."
"Go suck on a frozen pineapple, asshole."
"By the way, I strongly advocate that hikers carry a firearm..."

Goodness Eddie, do you think that I would descend to your level? I
mean really?

Sorry, Ed but I just can't do it. You see my parents brought me up
properly so I would feel very awkward slobbering filth to demonstrate
my manliness.

I suspect that you do understand just poorly you do the manly
department. After all we can all see how dirty you talk to convince
others that you are really Big, Bad, Dirty talking, Eddie..

Someone wrote that "Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to
express itself forcibly", and others have said, "people only swear
because their vocabulary is limited." And, you know what? Those folks
knew what they were talking about and there you stand to prove it.

Perhaps if you changed your nom de plume (pen name) to something like
"Filthy Eddie" or maybe "Foulmouthed Eddie" it might help people to
understand you.

But, as Filthy Eddie says, "Bicycles have wheels". One assumes that in
the next lesson he will reveal the Law of Gravity.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 22nd 16, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

wrote:

[...]

I still don't see any content. Post content or get lost!
[...]

Old July 8th 16, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

It warms the cockles of my heart to see hikers and other civilized folks
striking back at the mountain biker hoodlums.

"Shocking sabotage of Irish biking event could have killed, organisers say

13:17, 3 Jul 2016
By Chris Kilpatrick

Competitors can hit speeds of up to 40mph - but logs, rocks and string were
discovered on the track were discovered just a day before the event

String seen tied between trees

Organisers of a mountain biking event in Ireland have said there could have
been "serious injuries, if not a fatality" had logs, rocks and string strewn
across a track not been spotted ahead of the race.

Competitors in the First Tracks Enduro Cup race taking place in Kilbroney
Park at Rostrevor, Co Down can hit speeds of up to 40mph and marshals
discovered the items just a day before the event.

Marshals found the items yesterday and say string was tied at head height
between some trees.

A race organiser told Belfast Live: "It is so dangerous.

"It was premeditated as the items used were not items normal walkers would
usually carry.

"If it hadn't been spotted there would almost certainly have been serious
injuries, if not a fatality."

Old July 10th 16, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

All mountain bikers are scum even if they are not punching out 14 year old
girl hikers. They are scum because they are where they are not wanted and
doing what is not wanted - riding a bike on trails designed and meant for
hikers.

"http://www.dailytribune.com/general-news/20160707/deputies-searching-for-man-who-allegedly-punched-14-year-old-girl-on-paint-creek-trail

Deputies searching for man who allegedly punched 14-year-old girl on
Paint Creek Trail

The suspect in the alleged assault of a 14-year-old girl was driving
a red mountain bike, similar to the one pictured here. Officials did
not share the make and model of the suspect's bike. Photo by
Wikimedia Commons user Victorvandenberg.

By John Turk, , @jrturk on Twitter

Detectives are looking for a man who allegedly punched a 14-year-old
girl after getting knocked down while biking on the Paint Creek
Trail, officials said.

Oakland County Sheriff's deputies at 10:33 a.m. Saturday, July 2,
were sent to the 700 block of Markdale Avenue to investigate a report
of an assault that happened on the popular biking trail.

Investigators learned that a 14-year-old girl was walking along the
trail with three other children when a man riding a red mountain bike
approached them from behind.

The children moved to the left side of the trail to let the bicyclist
pass them, but he accidentally ran into the 14-year-old, crashing and
falling off his bike, the girl told officers.

"The rider became angry and was yelling at the girl," authorities
said in a prepared statement. "He then struck her on the left arm
with a closed fist. He acted as though he was going to strike her
again, but stopped and yelled at her to run."

After getting the report, deputies searched the Paint Creek Trail and
nearby parking lots for the man, but could not find him. Deputies
will now be conducting extra patrols on the trail, and additional
bike patrols will also continue.

Investigators are now looking for the man and are asking for the
public's help identifying him.

The suspect is described as a white or Hispanic man who is 5-foot-3
and about 50 years old with grey hair.

The man was riding a red mountain bike, had a yellow bandana on his
head, and was in a white shirt that had blue and black lettering with
black biking shorts. He was also wearing sunglasses with a rearview
mirror, deputies said.

Anyone with information about the man or the incident is asked to
call the Oakland County Sheriff's Office tip line at 1-888-TURN-1-IN."

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

OT but great Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT Racing 22 July 4th 09 06:45 AM
Great cycling jerseys some under $32. great Christmas [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 12th 07 07:40 PM
Great buy [email protected] Racing 4 April 22nd 05 04:34 PM
Great stuff looking for a great home... Jessica Cann Marketplace 0 March 11th 04 08:46 PM
Chilly Hilly - Great ride and great weather cheg General 5 March 1st 04 08:02 PM