I rode a BSO yesterday

Old June 9th 20, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default I rode a BSO yesterday

I was standing around in the garage when I snapped, pulled my
"pedal-powered wheelchair" out of its corner, and mounted up barefoot,
intending to ride to the end of the driveway and back.

Whereupon the basket on the back caught on the lawnmower and I
wrenched myself a bit not falling over, so I guess the doctor has a
point.

I've healed enough to do one partial crunch, and this wasn't any more
strenuous than that -- there was no fresh blood on my dressing that
night. There *was* a rather alarming clot where the silvadene had
soaked a scab loose.

So I stopped typing and did it again. (Giving the lawnmower a wide
berth this time.) If I were going farther than the end of the
driveway, I'd want shoes on. When I announced my intention, my
husband said "Bring in the mail while you're at it.", so I actually
got to go someplace. (One ad and a sheet of coupons from Martin's,
one for the flatbuns we have not been getting for umpty orders in a
row; I hope that that mean they have gotten in a shipment.)

I was tempted to take a second lap, but cold air was pouring out of
the garage and I seriously wanted to shut the big door.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old June 10th 20, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 13:27:58 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

(One ad and a sheet of coupons from Martin's,
one for the flat buns we have not been getting for umpty orders in a
row; I hope that that mean they have gotten in a shipment.)

Oops.

When I opened the packet of coupons, I said something along the lines
of "Wow, they really are selected especially for me -- every coupon is
for something we've bought or tried to buy recently, except for the
spaghetti, and that could be accounted for by the bag of shredded
parmesan." (I wanted shredded chedder, but after a reading few dozen
pages I saw the parmesan and deemed it close enough.) But it *was*
the brand of spaghetti that I prefer.

But later on I noticed that the ad was actually from Meijer. What is
Meijer doing with Martin's shopping list? Their own would show things
like canned tea and hoppin' john.

I baked a dozen flatbuns yesterday, and plan to do it again tomorrow
-- this time with a few of them rolled into hot-dog shape.

So I put "Our Family whole-wheat flour" back on the list. It was only
a five-pound bag, and it took several weeks to get it.

Rode tax Bertie Wooster[_2_] UK 115 August 30th 13 06:50 PM
I biked Heil Ranch in Lyons yesterday, this video is exactly what I rode LIBERATOR[_4_] Mountain Biking 0 August 5th 11 11:03 PM
Rode yesterday 25 miles and today rode 34 miles but now I hear about this news! Randall Kehrt Recumbent Biking 2 August 3rd 09 02:53 PM
Some bikes I rode Nobody Racing 8 July 26th 09 07:36 PM
I just rode the new GT iT1 Dave Mountain Biking 9 January 10th 06 11:26 AM