A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LBS

Old July 31st 20, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LBS

So I went in to the place have not been in a bike shop in long time. This one to me is a bit arrogant and seems if your not some serious racer type or in the local scene they are above you. I notice the signed said............."If you touch anything please make sure you buy it'"

I understand the covid 19 concern but that attitude out of the box when you walk in just made me want to get lost as fast as possible, I bought 2 things I needed they happen to have in stock I checked ahead of time, but the price did not match what was online and could have bought it almost anywhere cheaper.

That is my rant for today although I know some shops are not like this but just too many around here to make me ever what to do business. I would rather take a road trip of length just to take in a real shop where they work on bikes of all types. They don't care who you are everyone needs a bike for different reasons. Your old 10 speed Raleigh is fine if you like and are happy. Even your decked out CF wizard with everything to get from point a, to point b the fastest is ok...........But just remember you are not the majority of riders.

Deacon Mark
Ads
Old July 31st 20, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LBS

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 9:50:31 AM UTC-7, wrote:
So I went in to the place have not been in a bike shop in long time. This one to me is a bit arrogant and seems if your not some serious racer type or in the local scene they are above you. I notice the signed said............."If you touch anything please make sure you buy it'"

I understand the covid 19 concern but that attitude out of the box when you walk in just made me want to get lost as fast as possible, I bought 2 things I needed they happen to have in stock I checked ahead of time, but the price did not match what was online and could have bought it almost anywhere cheaper.

That is my rant for today although I know some shops are not like this but just too many around here to make me ever what to do business. I would rather take a road trip of length just to take in a real shop where they work on bikes of all types. They don't care who you are everyone needs a bike for different reasons. Your old 10 speed Raleigh is fine if you like and are happy. Even your decked out CF wizard with everything to get from point a, to point b the fastest is ok...........But just remember you are not the majority of riders.

Most of this type I've seen are peopled by millennials. These are the sorts that pass me up on the climbs like I'm standing still and then when I get to the top they are hanging over the rail puking and when I pass by they run over to get to their bike to stay ahead of me. I've been letting them pass now because they ride so badly on downhills especially around corners. Once down on the flats they can't catch up and I'm not that fast.

When I go up the steep climbs I have people coming down from the top looking at me as if I'm crazy. On one climb they were having a TT and they simply couldn't comprehend that I was coming up from the side on the 12% section.