music

Old May 31st 05, 11:22 PM
amanda.gallacher

Default music

what do you think is the best kind of of music to go with freestyle
unicycling. name genres, or just say which artist you think is best. it
is for a video me and my mates are making.

amanda

--
amanda.gallacher - skilled
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Old May 31st 05, 11:36 PM
jsm

I'd like to see (hear) a freestyle video with a Classical soundtrack.
Something like Khachaturian's Sabre Dance might go very good with
unicycling, or if you want to be a little more slow and graceful, try a
Strauss waltz.

--
jsm - Sunset Side Ride

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old May 31st 05, 11:41 PM
Catboy

Classical, and oldies have been done, too many times. Fast-paced techno,
like "Prodigy" would be cool, or some poppy indie stuff...

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

Old May 31st 05, 11:47 PM
leadpan

I listen to steel drum, carribean, soka, reggae music while uni.

--
leadpan - OC Cokeur
leadpan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9751

Old June 1st 05, 12:06 AM
innes

If the video has lots of energy in it, then the music should reflect
that.

You will never please everyone, so don't worry about the music too much.
If you go for something fairly mainstream, with a bit of energy then you
should be alright.

I can't stand Jazz, and I would think that Jazz is one type of music
that you either love or hate, which isn't good.

I like Classical, but it can be a little slow sometimes, or at the other
end of the scale, it can be a bit too much.

Innes

--
innes - Unicyclist
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123

Old June 1st 05, 01:20 AM
Unitik908

i think some incubus or sublime would go well with unicycling, i dont
know why, but those two bands come into mind

Chase

--
Unitik908 - team YAMS member

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat

Old June 1st 05, 01:46 AM
James_Potter

I was listening to Josh Ritter today, and decided his music would go
very well with a freestyle performance/video. I donno why, it seems like
it'd work. So I suggest Josh Ritter.

MY CLAIM TO FAME: Josh Ritter was a student at my high school a few
years ago!! he wrote his name in the space where you write your name in
a few of the textbooks.... I bet they're worth more now. pretty sweet.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old June 1st 05, 02:36 AM
johnfoss

It very much depends what's in the video, as well as the pacing and
style of the editing, scene, and riding. Sometimes it can be cool to use
the "wrong" type of music to match the scene, which can give a totally
different feel to the overall presentation.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old June 1st 05, 02:44 AM
MERCYME

Jazz baby allllll jazzz

Miles Davis
Coltrane
Duke Ellington
Sonny Rollins
Rahsaan
Sun Rah
Anything good like that, no smooth

--
MERCYME - Easy Rider

"Elvis Presley aint got soul, John Coltrane is rock n' roll"-Mos Def

"I don't believe in Hitler, thats what I said"- Afroman

"I wanna be as free as the spirits of the ones who left, I'm talking
Malcom, Coltrane, and my man Yusef"-Common Sense

AIM-Mr Mercy3
ICQ-331414822
Yahoo-DANgerD1991
MSN-DANgerD91
MERCYME's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9764

Old June 1st 05, 11:46 AM
amanda.gallacher

MY CLAIM TO FAME: Josh Ritter was a student at my high school a few
years ago!!

MY CLAIM TO FAME: Joss Stone was a student at my high school a few years
back, but when she was she was called Joss Stoker.

MY 2ND CLAIM TO FAME: Josh Lewsey came to our school after the world
cup!!! His brother is a history teacher at our school.

amanda

Music MERCYME Unicycling 26 April 30th 05 10:30 PM
3GEES ONLINE MUSIC PROMOTIONS 2GEES UK Hiphop UK 0 April 3rd 05 10:37 AM
music rights for movies tomsey Unicycling 12 August 5th 04 06:50 AM
Hollywood, Music, Record Holders Gun for Chicago Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 January 26th 04 05:11 PM
Radio 4 Bicycle Music Helen Deborah Vecht UK 1 December 1st 03 04:06 PM