Bravo UCI

Old August 1st 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

Default Bravo UCI

For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

Old August 1st 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ro

"DA74" wrote:
For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same lab as the "A" sample.
I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was a mistake in my first test.
just my thoughts on this matter.
Ro

Old August 1st 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

Ro wrote:
"DA74" wrote:
For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same lab as the "A" sample.
I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was a mistake in my first test.
just my thoughts on this matter.
Ro

Froid already said that he expects the result of the B sample to be
identical to the first. So maybe he knows there was no mistake on the
first test. But I tend to agree with you. I'd be peeing into every
container within arms reach and express mailing them to every lab in
the world.

Old August 1st 06, 10:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Ro" a écrit dans le message de news:

"DA74" wrote:
For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same
lab as the "A" sample.
I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was
a mistake in my first test.
just my thoughts on this matter.
Ro

I desagree.

1 - The samples can't be manipulated as if it were some kind of luggage.
Suppose the B sample to be corrupted due the transportation.

2 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab + some attendant
of the second Lab to follow the sample during the transportation. Of course
if you challenge his reputation you have to accept it.

3 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab to be present
during the test.

4 - Have you any idea how many test are done by the AMA. Could you imagine
all the logistic behind all the A test and B test.

5 - Suppose the result is not the same, suppose the Lab of the A test
contest the Lab of the B test by telling that the equipment is not the same,
that the level of competence is not the same etc.

6 - And what Lab to choose ? It can't be French of course. An American one
? Of course no, the French Lab can't accept it because Iraq. A Spanish one ?
Of course no will say the American because a Spanish is in second place and
if Landis lost.. A British one ? The French will not agree because Jeanne
D'arc. A Swiss one ? Come on, the UCI is biased. etc...

AMA choose the best solution : the agreement of the Lab. They have the way
to check the level of professionalism of the Lab. If you admit that it is
necessary to check the job done by one Lab, better to change the Lab.

And now, tell me WHY do you suspect the French Lab ?

Because they are French do you believe they are incompetent ?

Because they are French do you think they prefer to see a Spanish as winner
better than an American ?

Do you believe a Lab with such international prestige will put his
reputation in check because Landis is American. ?

Come on. The French are not so stupid. Of course we have had our
disagreement, but we have much more important problems. We don't wake-up
every morning thinking : What bad can I do against the Americans...

Old August 1st 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
trg

"DA74" wrote:
[...]

The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member of
the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

Old August 1st 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty

"Ro" wrote in message ...

"DA74" wrote:
For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same
lab as the "A" sample.
I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was
a mistake in my first test.
just my thoughts on this matter.
Ro

This is why the testee or his/her representative has the right to be present
for the testing of the B sample.

Old August 1st 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

trg wrote:
The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member of
the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

But if its Miller or Wiggins or some other British rider involved then the
result might be a bit fishy.

Old August 1st 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

"DA74" wrote:
[...]

Joan D'Arc ? That's funny.

Andre

Old August 1st 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

DA74 wrote:
For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

Dumbass, Landis had 10 days to arrange for an observer of the B-Sample
testing under UCI rules.

Old August 1st 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

Ro wrote:
"DA74" wrote:
For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same lab as the "A" sample.
I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was a mistake in my first test.
just my thoughts on this matter.

Landis has no right to pick the lab. He does have the right to observe
the B sample test.

Ro

Bravo Bob Schwartz Bravo!!! Clint Torus Racing 1 May 26th 06 04:07 AM
FS: 661 Bravo XC Bike Helmet NEW Midnight Cyclist Marketplace 2 January 7th 06 12:30 AM
Bravo WADA B Lafferty Racing 16 February 3rd 05 11:13 AM
Bravo Bobby Bill Racing 5 August 19th 04 02:27 PM
Bravo Freddy B. Lafferty Racing 24 June 8th 04 02:47 AM