Is cycling dangerous?

Old February 12th 14, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Is cycling dangerous?

It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so.

But would this be such a bad thing?

Old February 13th 14, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so

Probably none. But you're kind of on the right track, the angriest little
**** around here is indeed a full-time motorist who "hardly cycles". But it
seems to be inconsequential words on a screen that are causing him such
distress, not cyclists using the road or his job delivering meals-on-wheels.

Old February 13th 14, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 12/02/2014 22:23, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 12/02/2014 21:10, Bertie Wooster wrote:
It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so.

Probably none. Motorists accept that you have to pay for the facilities
you use.

But would this be such a bad thing?

;-)

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old February 13th 14, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cruz

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:53:01 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 12/02/2014 22:23, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 12/02/2014 21:10, Bertie Wooster wrote:
It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so.

Probably none. Motorists accept that you have to pay for the facilities
you use.

Well save Dave.

Judith
Old February 13th 14, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

On 12/02/2014 22:23, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 12/02/2014 21:10, Bertie Wooster wrote:
It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so.

Probably none. Motorists accept that you have to pay for the facilities
you use.

Well save Dave.

Most odd. I've heard little but winging from many motorists here about
the cost of motoring.

Of course, regular cyclists, who use their cars least (and therefore
pay most), seem to whine less.

Judith

Old February 13th 14, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_14_]

wrote:

On 12/02/2014 22:23, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 12/02/2014 21:10, Bertie Wooster wrote:
It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so.

Probably none. Motorists accept that you have to pay for the facilities
you use.

Well save Dave.

Most odd. I've heard little but winging from many motorists here about
the cost of motoring.

Of course, regular cyclists, who use their cars least (and therefore
pay most), seem to whine less.

Judith

That's all motorists do. They wine. I'm still going to go to work
tomorrow for free lol
Old February 13th 14, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_14_]

On 13/02/2014 12:38, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so

Probably none. But you're kind of on the right track, the angriest
little **** around here is indeed a full-time motorist who "hardly
cycles". But it seems to be inconsequential words on a screen that are
causing him such distress, not cyclists using the road or his job
delivering meals-on-wheels.

Sorry, mate, but I am going to have to report you for you offensive
language. ;-)
Old February 14th 14, 01:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

wrote:

On 12/02/2014 22:23, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 12/02/2014 21:10, Bertie Wooster wrote:
It occurs to me that cycling might be more dangerous that I thought.

I wonder how many people die prematurely each year from elevated blood
pressure at the thought of healthy cyclists using the road without
paying a specific tax for doing so.

Probably none. Motorists accept that you have to pay for the facilities
you use.

Well save Dave.

Most odd. I've heard little but winging from many motorists here about
the cost of motoring.

Of course, regular cyclists, who use their cars least (and therefore
pay most), seem to whine less.

Judith

That's all motorists do. They wine. I'm still going to go to work
tomorrow for free lol

I didn't realise you could use the word wine as a verb. I've heard of taking
wine, drinking wine or even investing in wine.
But never, ever as a verb.

Old February 14th 14, 02:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I see. You have never taken someone out to wine and dine? Valentines'
Day and all. How sad.

Dangerous cycling. Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 8 July 29th 12 01:42 PM
"Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous." Doug[_3_] UK 56 September 14th 09 05:57 PM
Oh, cycling is definitely dangerous Andre Jute Techniques 0 March 4th 08 04:42 AM
but how dangerous is cycling? Jeremy Parker UK 4 January 3rd 06 02:15 PM
Cycling is dangerous Garry Jones General 375 November 21st 03 05:52 PM