Look Pedal PP296 Too Tight ??

Old April 13th 17, 08:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Look Pedal PP296 Too Tight ??

On Monday, January 3, 2000 at 11:00:00 AM UTC+3, Peter Van Buren wrote:
I believe the PP296 pedal comes with a very high minimum release
tension. This is probably because it is the Look racing pedal that lots
of pros use. I guess they need that tension when they are sprinting, to
lessen the chance of release should they pivot their foot too much. I
ride the PP256 and the release tension has 6-12 Nm release settings in
increments of 2. I find that 12Nm is too much for me. This is one of the
reasons I bought the 256. (Doesn't look as cool as yours though.)

In article ,
"cary_ok" wrote:
Anybody have any idea how to further reduce the release tension for

PP296. I
have adjusted it to the minimum tension (11Nm) already and still

feeling
tight. Fell with the bike once as the stupid cleat cannot disengage

from the
Look Pedal.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

What is the point of the yellow knob behind them?