add hops

Old August 12th 19, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default add hops

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 11:40:14 AM UTC+1, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
On 12/8/19 8:53 am, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 07:54:15 +1000, James
wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

The concept that "Australians", or "Americans" for that matter, like
this or like that or act this way or that way just doesn't work out in
reality.

I said Australians seem to have a reputation for binge drinking alcohol.

Though alcohol consumption as a whole is at a 50 year low in Australia,
we have this...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2019-05-08/alcohol-risk-unclear-binge-drinking-widespread/11088918

You may be correct and in the U.S. Australians are likely seen to be
big, strong, brave, heroes. After all that is what Crocodile Dundee
was... Aren't all Australians like that :-?

Calls for speculation about something I cannot speculate on. I am not a
USian. I don't have any gut feel about how the average USian sees
Australians. For all I know they've seen a couple of our politicians
and suspect we're all twits.

That’s like saying all Australians think all Americans are John Wayne. Or
Donald Trump. Or Elvis. Whomever. Only stupid people think in terms of
collective pronouns like that. Not saying stupid people don’t exist...

--
duane

I've lived in Ireland for forty years, and even if I could identify one salient Irish characteristic, it is sure to have changed several times over that period.

Andre Jute
It's stupid to stereotype a whole nation, except perhaps satirically.