Something to bash around on.

Old November 25th 06, 10:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Default Something to bash around on.

I'm thinking of getting something to ride to the shops on, or
ride around the river family style. My query is whether to go for
a mountain bike type of cycle or get a flat bar roady with
bigger/wider tyres. What would be the pro's and con's for each? I
own a roady, but I want something I can ride with my wife and son.

Brendo
Old November 25th 06, 10:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

"Brendo" wrote in message
u...
I'm thinking of getting something to ride to the shops on, or ride around
the river family style. My query is whether to go for a mountain bike type
of cycle or get a flat bar roady with bigger/wider tyres. What would be
the pro's and con's for each? I own a roady, but I want something I can
ride with my wife and son.

Brendo

Sounds like you need a tandem with a trailer bike on the back.

Old November 25th 06, 11:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Big Bear

Brendo wrote:
I'm thinking of getting something to ride to the shops on, or ride
around the river family style. My query is whether to go for a mountain
bike type of cycle or get a flat bar roady with bigger/wider tyres. What
would be the pro's and con's for each? I own a roady, but I want
something I can ride with my wife and son.

Both. Seriously, if you are happy on a roady, just get a flat bar roady,
or rather something similar that will take rack and panniers or trailer.

I ride a mtb style because I do some cross country stuff and some of the
gutters are murder on stuff if you forget to creep over them, plus there
are some mud/dirt shortcuts that require some rubber in the wet.
Old November 26th 06, 01:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Stuart Naylor wrote:
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:04:41 +0800, Brendo
wrote:

I'm thinking of getting something to ride to the shops on, or
ride around the river family style. My query is whether to go for
a mountain bike type of cycle or get a flat bar roady with
bigger/wider tyres. What would be the pro's and con's for each? I
own a roady, but I want something I can ride with my wife and son.

I use a Trike to ride to the shops. It has a basket on the back which
holds our weeks shopping. Is your son old enough to ride his own bike
with parental guidance?

He' six, he can ride his own bike, still needs a bit of attention
re riding safely, but generally he's okay.
Old November 27th 06, 07:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tripped

If you want to save money, A cheap BMX or K-Mart bike just to be 'hip'
he's only 6 it's not like he's going to beat you on his bike. You can
used the money you've saved on your Roadie![image:
http://cyclingforums.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]

--
Tripped

Variety Club - 'Bash Car' Incident - take 2 gplama Australia 3 September 6th 06 03:21 AM
Lance/Sheryl Bash [email protected] Racing 1 October 4th 05 02:33 PM
Lance/Sheryl Bash [email protected] Racing 0 September 21st 05 04:53 PM
Back Yard Bash unibrow Unicycling 1 August 12th 04 06:52 AM
TIMES UP BICYCLE RIDE (NYC) AND COMMUNITY GARDENING BASH!!! *Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!! Recumbent Biking 0 July 7th 04 02:12 PM