Is it just me, or...

Old October 21st 04, 05:52 AM
JoelM

Default Is it just me, or...

...does it seem like Gary Fisher is trying to phase out their Sugar line
of FS bikes? In 03 they had 9 different models. Now they have 3.
However, the number of Cake models has shot up. Is Cake supposed to
replace Sugar? I thought the two were intended for fairly different
types of riding...

-Joel

--
JoelM

Old October 21st 04, 11:53 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-10-21, JoelM penned:

...does it seem like Gary Fisher is trying to phase out their Sugar line of
FS bikes? In 03 they had 9 different models. Now they have 3. However, the
number of Cake models has shot up. Is Cake supposed to replace Sugar? I
thought the two were intended for fairly different types of riding...

I tried to find a sugar in my area and couldn't; every store that sold GF had
only the cakes. They claimed that it was in response to consumer opinion ...
the cake is more rugged/freeride-y, right? I dunno.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old October 22nd 04, 01:54 AM
scott

On 2004-10-21, JoelM penned:
I tried to find a sugar in my area and couldn't; every store that sold GF
had
only the cakes. They claimed that it was in response to consumer opinion
the cake is more rugged/freeride-y, right? I dunno.

Oh brother please O please don't think the Cake is a freeride bike. I have
seen these bikes out on the DH and FR and they can't hack it. Picking their
way down yes but actually riding the features no way. Not putting it down
but I think the "all mountain" bikes are just for people who want a reason
to buy a new bike.

A good rider could do anything the cake can do even on a SC Superlight.

I know not everyone one is going to really FR and that is cool bt I think
this marketing ploy is just taking advantage of the consumer.