2004 AMB ID Epic, ping Paladin

Old July 17th 04, 01:49 AM
Gman

Default 2004 AMB ID Epic, ping Paladin

So what's the ride plan P?

If it's the 2 mile up, 10 mile down route, then I'll be in
great shape! =) I'll take the dual boinger for that.

....but if it's the same route as last year, I'll need to
actually do some SS riding...I'm not nearly in the same
shape as last year.

Old July 17th 04, 02:06 AM
pas

Gman wrote:
So what's the ride plan P?

If it's the 2 mile up, 10 mile down route, then I'll be in
great shape! =) I'll take the dual boinger for that.

...but if it's the same route as last year, I'll need to
actually do some SS riding...I'm not nearly in the same
shape as last year.

the plan is the duck lake - 20 mile trail which is the 2 mile up one you
mention. It's supposed to be somewhat technical, the big hope is that they
get it cleared by then. It wasn't last weekend when I was up there. Last
year's route is Plan B, tho I think Paladin may even have a C in the wings.

Penny

Old July 17th 04, 07:27 PM
Gman

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:06:49 -0700, pas wrote:
Gman wrote:
So what's the ride plan P?

If it's the 2 mile up, 10 mile down route, then I'll be in
great shape! =) I'll take the dual boinger for that.

...but if it's the same route as last year, I'll need to
actually do some SS riding...I'm not nearly in the same
shape as last year.

the plan is the duck lake - 20 mile trail which is the 2 mile up one you
mention. It's supposed to be somewhat technical, the big hope is that they
get it cleared by then. It wasn't last weekend when I was up there. Last
year's route is Plan B, tho I think Paladin may even have a C in the wings.

Penny

So ur telling me I need to be prepared for anything, eh? =)

IIRC, we were thinking of trying the same route last year
and it wasn't cleared...I won't be holding my breath.

Old July 18th 04, 12:15 AM
Mike Kennedy

So when are you folks planning this trip? You heading to Loon Lake from
Duck if the trail gets opened? We use to ride some sort of Loon lake loop
every July 4th weekend, but the past 2 years my ride partners have bailed.

Thanks,

Mike

Old July 18th 04, 12:18 AM
pas

Mike Kennedy wrote:
So when are you folks planning this trip? You heading to Loon
Lake from Duck if the trail gets opened? We use to ride some sort of
Loon lake loop every July 4th weekend, but the past 2 years my ride
partners have bailed.

Thanks,

Mike

coming up, google AMB-ID for one set of the particulars, or stay tuned ;-)
Are you a lurker or something?

penny

Old July 18th 04, 12:25 AM
pas

Mike Kennedy wrote:
So when are you folks planning this trip? You heading to Loon
Lake from Duck if the trail gets opened? We use to ride some sort of
Loon lake loop every July 4th weekend, but the past 2 years my ride
partners have bailed.

Thanks,

Mike

It's two weekends from now, 31/1. Portland, Pullman, Hood River, Buffalo
NY, and Spokane should all have a showing in addition to the Boise
contingent.

Previous years have done Loon Lake and Ruby Meadows, this year we are hoping
that Duck Lake and 20 mile will be clear.

Penny

Old July 18th 04, 07:15 AM
Paladin

"pas" wrote in message ...
Mike Kennedy wrote:
So when are you folks planning this trip? You heading to Loon
Lake from Duck if the trail gets opened? We use to ride some sort of
Loon lake loop every July 4th weekend, but the past 2 years my ride
partners have bailed.

Thanks,

Mike

It's two weekends from now, 31/1. Portland, Pullman, Hood River, Buffalo
NY, and Spokane should all have a showing in addition to the Boise
contingent.

Previous years have done Loon Lake and Ruby Meadows, this year we are hoping
that Duck Lake and 20 mile will be clear.

Penny

For GMan and everybody else. I'm gonna scout around next Saturday, if
I can get up there, and if 20-Mile isn't cleared, we'll do some
variation on last year, but rather than hike for an hour to the
crashed bomber, I'm going swimming! And let's keep our breaks to 10
minutes or so, and make sure everybody has *lots* of water on hand, or
a filter.

For those who have been there, I don't have to say anything, but for
everybody else, the Ruby/Loon loop is a great experience, with
something for everybody.

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...atLoonLake.jpg

BUT, if Duck Lake to 20-Mile is closed, and the majority votes for
something new, we have some treats up our sleeve.

The whole Ruby/Loon sections are clear and being ridden now.

I'm leaving the family home this year, so I have a room or two still
vacant at the cabin, counting NY, myself, Alex, GMan? Tim? staying
there. GMan can even have a bed this year. It's 4 bedrooms. Our
happy couple from NY get the master sweet.

Be happy to hook up with Mr. Kennedy for the Saturday ride, or any
time that weekend.

It'll probably be hot in the afternoon, so I'm voting for beachside
bbq after the ride, with periodic dunks off the dock.

More to come. We had only 1 vehicle this weekend, so I had to stick
around town, when I'd planned to go figger things out up there for
y'all.

But it's all good.

Paladin
Old July 18th 04, 04:44 PM
Gman

On 17 Jul 2004 23:15:48 -0700, Paladin wrote:

For GMan and everybody else. I'm gonna scout around next Saturday, if
I can get up there, and if 20-Mile isn't cleared, we'll do some
variation on last year, but rather than hike for an hour to the
crashed bomber, I'm going swimming! And let's keep our breaks to 10
minutes or so, and make sure everybody has *lots* of water on hand, or
a filter.

I'm getting psyched!

I agree totally on the breaks and water. Ideally all
contestants should be able to ride 20 singletrack miles with
small breaks and supply themselves with what they carry on
their backs.

And for the BBQ I've got a treat. We've started getting our
beef from a local farmer, and (at the risk of setting false
expectations), the burger is the best I've EVER had. I'll
bring a few pounds to grill up one night.

And of course, I'll be bringing a few barley pops too...

I hope the 20-mile trail is clear. Unfortunately it doesn't
look like I'll be able to go exploring with you next
weekend.

Gman
Old July 18th 04, 11:49 PM
cc

"Paladin" wrote in message
om...
"pas" wrote in message

Mike Kennedy wrote:

More to come. We had only 1 vehicle this weekend, so I had to stick
around town, when I'd planned to go figger things out up there for
y'all.

But it's all good.

Man, I'd love to tag along . . I'll be in P-town with the fam around then.
Too bad my ride up there doesn't have a rack. Grrr.

c "lurker" c

Old July 19th 04, 01:22 AM
pas

Paladin wrote:
For GMan and everybody else. I'm gonna scout around next Saturday, if
I can get up there, and if 20-Mile isn't cleared, we'll do some
variation on last year, but rather than hike for an hour to the
crashed bomber, I'm going swimming! And let's keep our breaks to 10
minutes or so, and make sure everybody has *lots* of water on hand, or
a filter.

that and get the shuttle done EARLY.

Would a call to the ranger office give you the info about 20 mile? I can
deal with a few trees down, but not one per 1/4 mile.

It'll probably be hot in the afternoon, so I'm voting for beachside

bbq after the ride, with periodic dunks off the dock.

I vote for an Alpine start, modified, myself.

But it's all good.

you betcha!!