Triple Crown Fork

Old April 1st 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default Triple Crown Fork

On Apr 1, 10:33 am, wrote:
On Apr 1, 10:59 am, pete fagerlin wrote:

Dave wrote:
Thanks for everyone's responses. This is my question. Has anyone in
this group ever done a 180 tail whip with a triple crown?

And what do you feel is the limitations of turning with a triple crown
besides bar spins?

This biggest limitation of a triple crown fork is that you
can't buy one.

Second time?

It must really **** you off.

I always preferred triple tree, to "double crown" or "triple clamp."

How about 'Dew Sticks?

JD

Old April 2nd 07, 01:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dave

Ok, now I get it... so what are the limitations of a triple clamp fork
for riding trials?

Dave

Dave wrote:
Thanks for everyone's responses. This is my question. Has anyone in
this group ever done a 180 tail whip with a triple crown?

And what do you feel is the limitations of turning with a triple crown
besides bar spins?

Dave

Dave wrote:
I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the
Specialized Enduro. It has a triple crown fork. I currently have a
single crown? - I have a cheap Trek. Anyway, I was watching
WestCoast Freeriding and they had this video with Ryan Leach doing
amazing stuff. In once scene, he was cruising down this single track,
he pulled a wheelie with his back wheel, whipped the tail 180 degrees
and then started pedaling again in the opposite direction (so
basically an instant reverse of direction). Can this be done with a
triple crown fork? I noticed he didn't have one...

Thx
Dave

Old April 2nd 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
pete fagerlin

Dave wrote:
Ok, now I get it... so what are the limitations of a triple clamp fork
for riding trials?

The biggest limitation of a triple crown fork is that you
can't buy one.
Old April 2nd 07, 05:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dave

But can't I buy a triple "clamp" fork?

Old April 2nd 07, 06:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dave

Did I get it right?

Enduro SL Expert FSR
Specialized Future Shock e150, dual crown w/ intergrated stem, 150mm,
external rebound, compression adjust, 25mm thru axle, alloy steerer

So, what are the limitations of a dual crown with intergrated stem for
riding trials?

Thanks,
Dave

Old April 2nd 07, 02:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Mar 31, 12:39 am, Dave wrote:
I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the Specialized
Enduro. It has a triple crown fork. I currently have a single crown? -
I have a cheap Trek. Anyway, I was watching WestCoast Freeriding and
they had this video with Ryan Leach doing amazing stuff. In once scene,
he was cruising down this single track, he pulled a wheelie with his
back wheel, whipped the tail 180 degrees and then started pedaling again
in the opposite direction (so basically an instant reverse of
direction). Can this be done with a triple crown fork? I noticed he
didn't have one...

Thx
Dave

Sounds like a more sophisticated version of the endo-tailwhips we did
on our BMX bikes 25 years ago. I don't recall having a triple crown.

/s

Old April 3rd 07, 10:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
spademan o---[) *

On Mar 31, 5:39 am, Dave wrote:
I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the Specialized
Enduro. It has a triple crown fork. I currently have a single crown? -
I have a cheap Trek. Anyway, I was watching WestCoast Freeriding and
they had this video with Ryan Leach doing amazing stuff. In once scene,
he was cruising down this single track, he pulled a wheelie with his
back wheel, whipped the tail 180 degrees and then started pedaling again
in the opposite direction (so basically an instant reverse of
direction). Can this be done with a triple crown fork? I noticed he
didn't have one...

Thx
Dave

If his bars turn with the rest of the bike then its an endo turn and
is entirely feasible with a double clamp fork.
Any full suspension bike will be **** for trials though. HTH!

Old April 3rd 07, 11:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Michael Dart

Dave wrote:
But can't I buy a triple "clamp" fork?

Sigh.

A single crown fork IS a "triple clamp." One clamp for the steer tube and
two for the legs. Even though now most clamps are press fit.

What you want to know is can you do a 180 tail whip with a "dual crown" or
"double triple clamp fork."

A dual crown fork severely limits the amout a fork can turn. If you want to
get into dirt jumping I suggest a strong single crown fork like a Fox 36.

Mike