Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old July 29th 11, 07:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 28, 2:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 9:55 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

The cost of organically grown foods at the supermarket is beyond the means
of the average consumer. Only upper middle class types can afford it.
You missed or deliberately ignore my point regarding foods (some

genetically modified) laced with herbicides, pesticides, hormones,
antibiotics contributing to ever increasing health care costs. *What
with insurance premiums, deductibles, co-pays, etc., out of pocket
heath care costs are beyond the means for many of us.

Health care costs are outrageously expensive. The Damn Dems (Obama Care)
never know how to fix anything. America badly needs a single payer system
like they have in Canada and the UK. However, some folks still believe that
health care is NOT a right!

Diversion duly noted. Healthcare is expensive everywhere, but the
point was that the food we eat contributes to good or bad health and
when bad, inflates health care costs . I have friend in the UK and if
you really want decent health care you have to still pay out of
pocket. My friend couldn't even get a routine PSA test approved in
the UK. Health care in the UK is not all it is cracked up to be. I
know nothing though about how well implemented in places like Cananda
or Sweden,

The FDA determines whether foods are safe or not, not food cranks who write
for magazines like Prevention.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old July 29th 11, 07:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Jul 28, 2:16*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 9:51 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Yes, the subtlety does indeed escape me. It is an alternative to
conventional medical practice and treatment. As long as you are not
relying
on it to the exclusion of what is KNOWN, I suppose it will not do any
harm.
But it is not KNOWN that it will do any good either.
[...]
Some of the supplements I take have proved their worth in clinical

trials, so they are kown to be of benefit.

Clinical trials are pretty worthless too. A double blind scientific study on
a large scale is just about the only way to prove something.

Whereas it is a given that the large the test base the move valid the
data, it is also a given that without scientifically conducted
clinical trials (which are scientifically conducted), we woudl be
without many of the benefiial drugs that we rely on today.

Old July 29th 11, 11:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 28, 2:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
The FDA determines whether foods are safe or not, not food cranks who
write
for magazines like Prevention.

The FDA sets compliance guidelines limiting the amount of contaminants

in food, but allows a percentage of mold, parasites, rodent hairs,
animal droppings (feces), insect droppings (feces), insect parts,
insect eggs maggots, whole insects, sand and grit, sticks and stones,
and even cigarette butts. A small percent Ed might counter. Well,
think again. A University of Ohio fact study estimates that on
average a person consumes from one to two pounds of insects each year,
without even knowing it.

So much for the FDA and Food, but what about drugs, Ed might say?

Well, Fen Phen, Redux, Seldane, Posicor, Duract, Hismanal, Rezulin,

Propulsid, Lotronex, Raplon, Baycol, and Raxar are the so-called dirty
dozen drugs that the FDA pulled from the market from 1997 to 2001
because they caused a whole bunch of problems, all of which had
lawsuits attached to them. In some cases, these medicines were on the
market for over twenty years, which seems way to long after known
health adverse reactions occurred. Some of these adverse reactions
only took months to get the medicines removed.
[...]

More of the same on and on.

Unlike Ed, I don't state opinions as though they were facts. Unlike

Ed, I corroborate my statements. When I argue, I cite facts and I
have cited enough facts above to indicate that Ed's faith in the FDA
is questionable.

I can see you are well underway to becoming a crackpot on food and health
issues. This is a fate that often befalls those who for the first time in
their lives feel threatened by their own mortality. Have fun! It might make
a difference on the margin, but I doubt it.

The bottom line is that no one will listen to you because you lack the
necessary credentials. If you ever start proselytizing, you could become
dangerous and a menace to others.

Old July 29th 11, 11:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 28, 2:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Health care costs are outrageously expensive. The Damn Dems (Obama Care)
never know how to fix anything. America badly needs a single payer system
like they have in Canada and the UK. However, some folks still believe
that
health care is NOT a right!

Diversion duly noted. Healthcare is expensive everywhere, but the

point was that the food we eat contributes to good or bad health and
when bad, inflates health care costs .

Lots of other factors contribute to poor health besides what foods we eat.

I have friend in the UK and if

you really want decent health care you have to still pay out of
pocket. My friend couldn't even get a routine PSA test approved in
the UK.

A primary care doctor will determine what is routine and what is not
routine, not the patient.

Health care in the UK is not all it is cracked up to be. I

know nothing though about how well implemented in places like Cananda
or Sweden,

Americans want way too much when it comes to health care. All we have a
right to is garden variety health care. But the problem is that even garden
variety health care is expensive. It need not be as is proven by the VA
health care system.

Old July 29th 11, 11:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 28, 2:33 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in
fact.

The purpose of a newsgroup does exist in fact, It is just that trolls

like you invest a newsgroup, make it their cyber-playpen and evenso
bold as to erroneously state that fun and games is i the sole purpose
of a newsgroup. Sound familiar?

I remember how Ed Gin and you managed to sidetrack completely the purpose of
ARBR.

In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.

Well a moderator would at least corral the likes of your ilk. that;s

a given

A moderator would never have permitted your feud with Ed Gin to take place
on ARBR.

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.

So you say. Even if this were true, and that is up for debate, you

take pride in that which in the greater scheme of things means so very
little, really.

Usenet is for fun and games only. Even Tom Sherman has come to that
conclusion. If you are not here for your own personal amusement, then you
know next to nothing about human nature.

Old July 30th 11, 12:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 28, 2:33 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.

So you say a comfortable distance from behind a monitor and keyboard.

You do not know how to play with ideas. It is why you are always behind the
eight ball when it comes to someone like me who does know how to play. In
real life I would not give you the time of day, nor you me. The beauty of
Usenet is that total strangers can confront one another in an unfriendly
fashion, something you do not have a clue about. Tom Sherman is far more up
to speed on Usenet than you.

You have never enjoyed Usenet. It is why you should leave. You want friendly
personal relationships even in cyber space. I don't. I want confrontation
and animosity. I love to kick ass on Usenet. Just ask Tom Sherman. We are in
a contest to see if his dumb ass is harder than my foot.

Old July 30th 11, 03:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 9:51 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Yes, the subtlety does indeed escape me. It is an alternative to
conventional medical practice and treatment. As long as you are not
relying
on it to the exclusion of what is KNOWN, I suppose it will not do any
harm.
But it is not KNOWN that it will do any good either.
[...]
Some of the supplements I take have proved their worth in clinical

trials, so they are kown to be of benefit.

Clinical trials are pretty worthless too. A double blind scientific study on
a large scale is just about the only way to prove something.

Granted, the greater the scale of test subjects participating, the
more valid the findings, but clinical trials are limited by the amount
of volunteers and the amount of available funding. Regardless,
clinical trials are conducted as controlled scientific double blind
studies. Without clinical trials, we would not have many of the drugs
that are available to us today.

Old July 30th 11, 03:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Jul 28, 2:33*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...] *You never have been able to

comprehend the purpose of a newsgroup and you own that to you
grateness.

The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in fact.
In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.

You forgot to add at a safe distance from behind a monitor and
keyboard.

Old July 30th 11, 03:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...] *You never have been able to

comprehend the purpose of a newsgroup and you own that to you
grateness.

The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in fact.
In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.

The purpose of a newegroup exints in reality. Unfortunately, the
purpose of a troll also exists in reality, that is to underminde the
purpose of a newsgroup by transforming it into a "fun and games" cyber
playpen. Surely you can relate that. Its your modus operanid.

Old July 31st 11, 12:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/28/2011 12:58 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
Always remember, a little learning is a dangerous thing!

With a little learning, you might not be such a close-minded,
opinionated blockhead.

Uh, you are referring to Mr. Ed Dolan here?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.

freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 07:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 05:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 10:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 08:23 AM