Frame liners?

Old November 12th 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RicodJour[_2_]

Default Frame liners?

On Nov 12, 3:19*pm, m-gineering wrote:
On 12-11-2011 20:49, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 12, 2:13 pm, *wrote:

I thought it may have been a garbled version of a Bowden
cable brake but then I found this cryptic item:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/5129550

Although for 'all class weird' there's a Bowman perpetual
motion device as well: http://www.fdp.nu/bm-movie/default.html

none of which helps with your inquiry

Eliminating things helps narrow it down. *I couldn't find anything on
the brake either. *There was one mention of an electric/magnetic
Bowman brake test on a railroad, but that was well after.

A great find, thanks for posting.

( but all I could find in the 'purely mechanical' chapter were
references to Bowden brakes! )

Sigh. Things like this keep me humble. I don't know whether to blame
it on hypoxia (could be, ya never know), age, the really good, cheap
9.5% ABV beer the Polish deli down the street sells, or general
stupidity. Probably a combination.

Thanks for pointing out my egregious error. My apologies.

It is a fun read, though, isn't it? I think I might use it as a field
guide if/when I ride in the Alps. I'd like to have a hard copy on
hand to point out to the locals where I'm trying to go. That would be
good for a few laughs.

Old November 13th 11, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

On 13-11-2011 0:02, RicodJour wrote:

Sigh. Things like this keep me humble. I don't know whether to blame
it on hypoxia (could be, ya never know), age, the really good, cheap
9.5% ABV beer the Polish deli down the street sells, or general
stupidity. Probably a combination.

Thanks for pointing out my egregious error. My apologies.

none needed, it pointed me to a nice book (hope it was the beer though)

It is a fun read, though, isn't it? I think I might use it as a field
guide if/when I ride in the Alps. I'd like to have a hard copy on
hand to point out to the locals where I'm trying to go. That would be
good for a few laughs.

You can download a pdf or put it on an Ereader if you go back to the
Google library card

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

Tire liners Andy Techniques 40 February 1st 11 04:34 AM
Question about tire liners Ken C. M. Techniques 11 April 11th 06 06:41 PM
Tire liners vs slime Techniques 16 February 22nd 06 03:20 AM
Road Tire Liners ? Magnusfarce Techniques 17 April 18th 05 12:04 AM
Tire Liners? Erin Unicycling 3 February 18th 05 02:35 AM