cervelo deal completed - will there be any change?

Old February 19th 12, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Postman Delivers

Default cervelo deal completed - will there be any change?

http://cyclingmagazine.ca/2012/02/se...ings-acquires-
canadian-based-cervelo-cycles/
Old February 20th 12, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Feb 19, 1:09*pm, Postman Delivers
wrote:
http://cyclingmagazine.ca/2012/02/se...ings-acquires-
canadian-based-cervelo-cycles/

Pon will dump redundant infrastructure and do what it can to maximize
returns. The bikes are already made in China, so I don't know what it
could do to reduce manufacturing costs. It will probably try to
increase sales through better access to European markets. I doubt the
flagship bikes will change. Pon will have to make the usual decisions
regarding brand dilution -- sticking the Cervelo name on cheaper
models and making more profit off the brand.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 21st 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

wrote:

http://cyclingmagazine.ca/2012/02/se...ings-acquires-
canadian-based-cervelo-cycles/

Pon will dump redundant infrastructure and do what it can to maximize
returns. *The bikes are already made in China, so I don't know what it
could do to reduce manufacturing costs. *It will probably try to
increase sales through better access to European markets. *I doubt the
flagship bikes will change. Pon will have to make the usual decisions
regarding brand dilution -- sticking the Cervelo name on cheaper
models and making more profit off the brand.

-- Jay Beattie.

yep bleed the brand dry
Old February 21st 12, 07:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

On 21-2-2012 4:00, raamman wrote:
On Feb 19, 9:48 pm, Jay wrote:
On Feb 19, 1:09 pm, Postman
wrote:

http://cyclingmagazine.ca/2012/02/se...ings-acquires-
canadian-based-cervelo-cycles/

Pon will dump redundant infrastructure and do what it can to maximize
returns. The bikes are already made in China, so I don't know what it
could do to reduce manufacturing costs. It will probably try to
increase sales through better access to European markets. I doubt the
flagship bikes will change. Pon will have to make the usual decisions
regarding brand dilution -- sticking the Cervelo name on cheaper
models and making more profit off the brand.

-- Jay Beattie.

yep bleed the brand dry

Why would they do that? Pon isn't a US style venture capitalist, they
are expanding their transport portfolio.

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl
Old February 21st 12, 09:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

On Feb 21, 2:30*am, m-gineering wrote:
On 21-2-2012 4:00, raamman wrote:

On Feb 19, 9:48 pm, Jay *wrote:
On Feb 19, 1:09 pm, Postman
wrote:

http://cyclingmagazine.ca/2012/02/se...ings-acquires-
canadian-based-cervelo-cycles/

Pon will dump redundant infrastructure and do what it can to maximize
returns. *The bikes are already made in China, so I don't know what it
could do to reduce manufacturing costs. *It will probably try to
increase sales through better access to European markets. *I doubt the
flagship bikes will change. Pon will have to make the usual decisions
regarding brand dilution -- sticking the Cervelo name on cheaper
models and making more profit off the brand.

-- Jay Beattie.

yep bleed the brand dry

Why would they do that? Pon isn't a US style venture capitalist, they
are expanding their transport portfolio.

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl- Hide quoted text -

when the big fish eats the smaller one the accountants take over and
push the dreamers aside- the company loses it's ideals and focus as
the squeeze begins. cervelo had a lot of passion as an intrinsic part
of its structure, that will go and you will have 250 lb managers in
charge of product development
Old February 21st 12, 10:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

On 21-2-2012 10:58, raamman wrote:
and you will have 250 lb managers in
charge of product development

Why would a Dutch company appoint an American?

Old February 21st 12, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Feb 20, 11:30*pm, m-gineering wrote:
On 21-2-2012 4:00, raamman wrote:

On Feb 19, 9:48 pm, Jay *wrote:
On Feb 19, 1:09 pm, Postman
wrote:

http://cyclingmagazine.ca/2012/02/se...ings-acquires-
canadian-based-cervelo-cycles/

Pon will dump redundant infrastructure and do what it can to maximize
returns. *The bikes are already made in China, so I don't know what it
could do to reduce manufacturing costs. *It will probably try to
increase sales through better access to European markets. *I doubt the
flagship bikes will change. Pon will have to make the usual decisions
regarding brand dilution -- sticking the Cervelo name on cheaper
models and making more profit off the brand.

-- Jay Beattie.

yep bleed the brand dry

Why would they do that? Pon isn't a US style venture capitalist, they
are expanding their transport portfolio.

It is purchasing a valuable brand and may want to expand the product
line. That's not evil, no more so than a C class Mercedes is evil. It
may want to fill a niche that exists between Cervelo and the Derby
brands -- althogh Focus is a Derby brand. In fact, I wonder how Focus
will fit in to this picture. It is a direct competitor of Cervelo.
Kind of odd having both brands. -- Jay Beattie.
Old February 21st 12, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

On 21-2-2012 21:10, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Feb 20, 11:30 pm, wrote:
On 21-2-2012 4:00, raamman wrote:

On Feb 19, 9:48 pm, Jay wrote:
On Feb 19, 1:09 pm, Postman
wrote:

[...]

Pon has been juggling with Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Porsche etc for ages,
they will right at home

Old February 22nd 12, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

On Feb 21, 3:10*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Feb 20, 11:30*pm, m-gineering wrote:

On 21-2-2012 4:00, raamman wrote:

On Feb 19, 9:48 pm, Jay *wrote:
On Feb 19, 1:09 pm, Postman
wrote:

[...]

Kind of odd having both brands. -- Jay Beattie.- Hide quoted text -

mercedes, glad you mentioned them- used to be a great name, but where
have the (mexican built) cars been ranked on initial quality surveys ?

C2C completed Tom Crispin[_4_] UK 1 October 31st 10 08:28 PM
Learn English!!!! Change ur language and you change ur thoughts. [email protected] UK 0 May 2nd 08 05:23 AM
DEAL ON RETRO/PRO WEAR - I FOUND A GREAT DEAL! [email protected] Social Issues 1 June 5th 07 06:12 PM
Frame" to change or not to change silverfridge Unicycling 17 January 23rd 06 12:41 PM
To change (the fork) or not to change, that's the question! Derk Techniques 0 June 30th 05 03:26 PM