"Wired To Win" sucks

Old June 3rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc

Default "Wired To Win" sucks

In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
Steve Freides wrote:

As Robert suggests in his reply, the wording about a jury of one's
peers
is as old as the United States of America.

Uh, that's not what I was suggesting in my reply. What I was
responding to was Simon's statement that he was not aware of any case
in which civil suits are heard in front of a jury.

OK, sorry for misinterpreting.

I was called for jury duty in NYC for a civil case. The process was the
same as when I was called for a criminal case - lawyers, questions, and
lots of sitting around. I was looking forward to serving on this jury
but the lawyers decided to settle it 'out of court' midway through the
jury selection process. I've been called a few times but never served
and I'd really like to serve on a jury some day.

Key to getting picked is to act like you are easily swayed
by appeals to your feelings. Best way to get unselected is
to answer articulately, thoughtfully, and forthrightly.

Twice I served, both times one of the sides should have
challenged me.

First time after the trial I asked the counsels why they
ever chose me. Counsel for defendant said "Since this was
a civil action only to determine _amount_ of damages, he
wanted an engineer because engineers understand magnitude
of numbers." Of course, counsel for plaintiff was an idiot
for allowing me on.

Second time defendant represented himself.

One time on a capital murder charge we filled in question
sheets, then came back for voir dire. Counsels were
interviewing candidates. When my number came up
prosecuting counsel announced that counsel for defense and
he had agreed to excuse me without further ado.

--
Michael Press
Old June 3rd 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc

in message .com, Tom
Kunich ') wrote:

Simon, by all means please hang around.

Is that hanging as in hubs and spokes? And if so, do you want to make a
stand on that?

;; I can't work yanks out......
;; Why do they frown upon sex yet relish violence?
;; Deep Fried Lettuce

"Wired To Win" sucks Raptor Racing 43 June 3rd 06 09:11 AM
Cycling.TV sucks! Tony S. Racing 14 May 24th 06 06:34 PM
Capsule Review of TdF Film -- "Wired to Win" Java Man Racing 14 December 11th 05 03:56 AM
Capsule Review of TdF Film -- "Wired to Win" Java Man Techniques 14 December 11th 05 03:56 AM
Jim McNamara Sucks Down My Big Wad sweatshirt for $49.95 Clem Lombardo Recumbent Biking 2 January 6th 05 03:54 AM