Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Old April 20th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Turby

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:07:34 -0400, Wayne Pein
wrote:

And most bicyclists are also motorists.

I'd bet most bicyclists are schoolchildren too young to drive.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer
Old April 20th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default The right to bear arms should apply to NUN or NONE

The right to bear arms should apply to NUN or NONE...

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_oct2003/NunsWithGuns.jpg

Meaning we should arm everybody to be able to defend him/herself from
everybody else, or just give it to none so nobody has one. Fair?

Old April 20th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

On Apr 20, 8:18 am, bob zee wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:34 am, donquijote1954
wrote:

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans),

I am not a republican. I am not a democrat. If you choose one over
the other, you are just proving to the rest of the world that you are
a sheep and can't think for yourself.

I think everyone should have a gun.

Then you should vote for NUN (http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_oct2003/
NunsWithGuns.jpg). Even nuns should pack a gun.

Old April 20th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default we are #1in gun violence

On Apr 20, 10:01 am, Curtis L. Russell
wrote:

Sanctioned gun violence is out of hand in the U.S. as well - and as
reported by the conservative side of the think tanks - but at least
most of it is reported. If you think sanctioned gun violence by police
and paramilitary units are even reported in much of SA, you are living
in a fool's paradise. Then you can work on figuring out the level of
criminal violence.

Perhaps American cities are the worst IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD, meaning
not as bad as Brazil or South Africa but not as good as Berlin or
London.

Old April 20th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

wrote:

And most bicyclists are also motorists.

I'd bet most bicyclists are schoolchildren too young to drive.

We are motorcyclists without the need to have an engine do the job for
us. So we have better legs, less stomach and can eat more pizza.

Old April 20th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default If you arm everybody...

I guess we are gonna find this problem with arming NUN (everybody)...

(needless to say someone my just shoot the priest for rape)

Two students injured in parking lot before school starts

What began as an argument in a convenience store parking lot spilled
onto the campus of Western High School Tuesday morning, bringing
gunfire and bloodshed with it.

The shooting in the school parking lot sent students scattering for
cover and left two freshmen injured by gunfire. The two injured
students, a boy and a girl, were sent home after being treated at
University Medical Center.

The shooting began about 6:30 a.m. as students began arriving at the
campus at Decatur Boulevard and Bonanza Road.

Sophomore Celia Gonzalez said she heard the shots as she was about to
enter a school building. She turned her head and saw a student lying
on the pavement holding his leg, she said.

She and her classmates, many of whom were getting off buses, took off.

"I started running. I wasn't about to get shot," Gonzalez said. "There
were a lot of people running. Nobody knew what was going on."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../11886461.html

Old April 20th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Dane Buson

In rec.bicycles.misc Turby wrote:
Wayne Pein wrote:

And most bicyclists are also motorists.

I'd bet most bicyclists are schoolchildren too young to drive.

Sadly, unfortunately, probably not true [1]. You see a lot of
white-collar people commuting on bikes, lots of recent immigrants,
college age adults, and of course I'm sure a reasonable number of people
cycling because they've lost their license for DUI or other offenses.

Too many children are playing video games, watching TV indoors,
or being driven to and fro for scheduled activities to be out riding
bikes these days.

[1] This is one of the reasons behind Americans ever widening buttocks.

--
Dane Buson -
The flow chart is a most thoroughly oversold piece of program documentation.
Old April 20th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
B. Peg

"Thumper" wrote:
You guys are rude, inconsiderate and a danger to motorists.

....hey, but at least they are in touch with their effeminate side by wearing
brightly-colored Spandex.

B~

Old April 20th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Brent P

In article .com, John Kane wrote:

Certainly would have been. On the other hand do you really want a
bunch of 19 year old students, whooping it up in the local univ bars
and carrying all sorts of heavy weaponry when the males get into a
strutting contest? Hell, you'd probably lose more people on a normal
Saturday night.

Even 15 year olds with guns in their HS lockers worked fine for many
decades until people became children of the government.

Old April 20th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
B. Peg

"Wayne Pein" wrote:
You're a hoot. Bicyclists DO pay for their tarmac. It's called taxes. And
most bicyclists are also motorists. Quit your whining.

In your little rose-colored misanthropic world they do. Around here, we
have a majority of bike riders who probably do not own a car, nor pay any
form of taxes either. No doubt many are illegal entrants, but to make such
a claim as your is pure rubbish. They obey no laws, pay no taxes - but some
is paying for their usage.

You want to ride your bike on a public roadway, then pay up buddy. I'm
tired of paying for everyone else.

As I said, the dirt bikers pay their portion (mostly not accountable by BLM)
to ride elsewhere. You should not be exempt either.

If you can't deal with slow traffic on rural byways, learn how to drive
better. I don't have a problem, why do you? Do you also have a problem
with slow moving farm tractors?

So you favor ranchers being told to stay home all day so you can occupy
their roads? And I suppose you think that is okay too?

How about we car drivers tell you to stay home so we can drive on our
streets and use the lanes that were taken away from us that you admit to not
using, preferring to ride in the car lane's instead? OH, and we would like
to leave out house sometime during the day too and not have it quarantined
off all day for the likes of you.

The fact that gas taxes in part pay for roads doesn't mean that non gas
users can't use them. If you don't like paying gas tax, ride a bike.
Decision makers have decided that is free. Quit whining. Or whine to
decision makers, but don't whine at bicyclists for using what we are
entitled to.

Sorry, but it seems the Spandex crowd has gotten more vocal at crying for
more bicycle pathways to be built and not being subsequently used by them.

I don't want it clean. I don't want it at all.

Too bad. You and your ilk have already claimed a good portion of roadway and
parking areas.

I don't want exclusive space, so no, I won't pay. If decision makers make
me pay, I'll agree to pay 1/100 of what motorists pay since that is about
what a bike weighs. Factor in the fact that bikes don't use gas (that's a
good thing) and one could justify even less fee.

Bingo! We have a winner (maybe, not quite).

Yes. You and other bicyclists need to fess up to being selfish with the
respects of road usage. To say it is 1/100 is crap. In town, they took
parking along side the roads, as well as a good lane of what was four. I'd
say it is more like 5/6 of the roadway we've lost to the Spandex pixies.
Divide that up among the pixies users - more like non-users - and it would
amount to more than 1/100.

Pay your fair portion - or get off the vehicular roadway and stay in your
own "supposedly taxed-paid-by-all" lanes. Oh, and quit depriving people
access to their property as well (you Spandex pixies are the only ones who
do that!).

B~

Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 01:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 1 October 7th 04 11:35 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 10th 04 11:56 PM