outage

Old September 21st 06, 07:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
ray

Default outage

Roadworks this morning in a secondary road I frequently use in
Melbourne's outer east. The council guy with the Stop sign said I was
welcome to use the adjacent bike track, but I said No, I'd wait.
The sign went to Slow, so I passed the local brothel, waved to the
council guy at the other end, and other traffic, oncoming traffic and a
few chicanes permitting, started to filter past me.
Except for FLS-112, a white Nissan Pulsar c. 1992 with two occupants.
The passenger side window came down as they came up to me, the driver
then screamed, `Get on the bike path'. I declined without using any four
letter words, but emphatically.
The driver then screamed `Get off the f---ing road', gave me the finger,
and roared off.
All very ho-hum, and a distinct sense of deja-vu, except for one
interesting aspect: both occupants were caucasian, in their teens or
early 20s, and female.
Had they spent more than the average 2.1 seconds they'd lost passing me,
I might have told them that I've been a licenced driver for 25 years and
seen enough cyclists do dumb (and often illegal) things.
I might also have directed them to the nearest police station, who could
have have informed them of my rights as a legitmate road user.
I find myself forced to agree in this case with Critical Mass: I wasn't
obstructing traffic, I AM traffic. It seems this message is still not
getting through to everyone.
Old September 21st 06, 08:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

ray wrote:
[...]

I was on my way down Springvale Rd this morning and had a car try and
overtake me within the same lane (because the two other lanes were full
of traffic). But with no room for him to do it safely I moved across to
the right to remove any further temptation. Then he tries to overtake
(undertake??) on the left between me and the gutter. So I move back to
the centre of the lane. This continued on for a while and when he tried
to squeeze past me when the traffic stopped things got a little more
heated.

Now what I found truly bizarre about all this is that I was on the
motorbike at the time (FJ1200 so not exactly small) and even if he got
past me he'd be stuck behind the car in front of me. So my thinking is
for some dickheads it doesn't matter if you are on a bike, motorbike, or
car, they're still gonna be arseholes. It's just that when you are in a
car you can't hear them yell.

DaveB
Old September 21st 06, 09:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
Knobdoodle

So what was the "outage"?

--
Knob
Q: Does anything say "I'm a ******" louder than whinging about top-posting?

u...

Old September 21st 06, 10:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
Edward Dolan

"Knobdoodle" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

So what was the "outage"?

--
Knob
Q: Does anything say "I'm a ******" louder than whinging about
top-posting?

[...]

POST RIGHT OR GET GONE YOU FREAKING MORON!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 21st 06, 10:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
Knobdoodle

So it was an intelligence-outage then was it?

--
Knob

Q: Does anything say "I'm a ******" louder than whinging about top-posting?

"Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Knobdoodle" wrote:
So what was the "outage"?

POST RIGHT OR GET GONE YOU FREAKING MORON!

Old September 21st 06, 01:53 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
Edward Dolan

"Knobdoodle" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

So it was an intelligence-outage then was it?

--
Knob

Q: Does anything say "I'm a ******" louder than whinging about
top-posting?

We want to hear everything you have to say about wanking, I think especially
Tam would like to know. Please don't hold back anything. Express yourself
fully on the subject of wanking. We are all ears!

Old September 21st 06, 02:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
Andy

Knobdoodle wrote:
[confused face]

Stop top-posting, you ****.

Cheers,

Andy. (The other Andy.)

PS - I never claimed to be anything other than a ******.

Old September 21st 06, 02:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
Knobdoodle

What's that got to do with the outage?

Old September 21st 06, 03:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.cars
Toby Ponsenby

Dunno, but this Newsreader was sure as **** written by ******sOn Thu, 21
Sep 2006 13:41:33 +0000, Knobdoodle blathered on:

[confused face]

Bloody hell!!! when I attempted to post that ****e above, it comes up
with a warning to the effect that the reply appears to be top-posted.
Natch, there's no ******-Included option in preferences to change the
default top posting. Never mind, it *is* CrippleWare, after all.