The "Click-Stand" - any experience with this?

Old October 18th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

Default The "Click-Stand" - any experience with this?

Seems like an interesting idea:

http://www.click-stand.com/

Comments?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Old October 18th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

"Ozark Bicycle" wrote in message
ups.com...
Seems like an interesting idea:

http://www.click-stand.com/

Comments?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Hmm. Interesting product. I could probably make one with an old tent pole
and a hook thingie, though...

Old October 18th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Oct 18, 6:42 am, Ozark Bicycle
wrote:
Seems like an interesting idea:

http://www.click-stand.com/

Comments?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Solid enough idea if you can't fit a good 2-legged Esge, Greenfield,
or Pletscher stand by the BB.

'Member the Rhode Gear Flickstand back in the 80s?

Old October 18th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Leland Yee[_2_]

landotter wrote:

'Member the Rhode Gear Flickstand back in the 80s?

I have one in my obsolete parts box. Anyone need it?
Leland
Old October 18th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

wrote:
Seems like an interesting idea:

http://www.click-stand.com/

Comments?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Solid enough idea if you can't fit a good 2-legged Esge, Greenfield,
or Pletscher stand by the BB.

ISTM it might be more stable than any kickstand if used with a heavily
loaded bike. Not as convienient, though.

'Member the Rhode Gear Flickstand back in the 80s?

I have a couple, including one intended for "oversized" downtubes,
which were rare then, but common now. They don't work on a fendered
bike, so not so useful for a touring bike.

Old October 18th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Oct 18, 7:43 am, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
wrote:
"Ozark Bicycle" wrote in message

ups.com...

Seems like an interesting idea:

http://www.click-stand.com/

Comments?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Hmm. Interesting product. I could probably make one with an old tent pole
and a hook thingie, though...

Probably could, but the price for the product seems pretty reasonable,
so is that worth the candle?

Old October 18th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
Seems like an interesting idea:
http://www.click-stand.com/
Comments?
Does anyone have experience with this?

Woo hoo! 75 more grams!

Seriously every similar product has had its own adherents so he'll
probably find a market. We even get calls for flick stands lo these many
years later.

Almost every bike can lean on a pole or corner in the concave side of
the saddle. When backpedalled until a pedal is against the other side of
the pole/corner, a bike is stable. This is quicker than it sounds.

If one should find oneself touring across Afghanistan, the strut
referenced may be a useful recourse for a vertical pause on your ride,
assuming one is needed and neither poles nor building corners are handy.

It may interest the reader to know that in an LBS there are as many
gadget aficionados looking for 75g tchotchkes as there are manic weight
reducers willing to pay a few hundred dollars to remove 75g.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old October 18th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
futrino[_2_]

A Muzi wrote:
Ozark Bicycle wrote:

[...]

great for ragbrai, where I am always looking for a place to lean the
bike, fully loaded. Those front panniers make the handlebars want to
move.

Old October 18th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Ozark Bicycle writes:

Seems like an interesting idea:

http://www.click-stand.com/

Comments?

Does anyone have experience with this?

I don't believe the photo, there's a problem. What keeps the front
wheel from flopping to the low side (the bicycle is leaning), and then
roll backward and off the strut? When a bicycle is leaned against a
street sign post at the saddle, it tilts the front wheel, rolls back
and falls to the ground. I think this usually will do the same.

Jobst Brandt
Old October 18th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Zoul

wrote:
:: Ozark Bicycle writes:
::
::: Seems like an interesting idea:
::
::
http://www.click-stand.com/
::
::: Comments?
::
::: Does anyone have experience with this?
::
:: I don't believe the photo, there's a problem. What keeps the front
:: wheel from flopping to the low side (the bicycle is leaning), and
:: then roll backward and off the strut? When a bicycle is leaned
:: against a street sign post at the saddle, it tilts the front wheel,
:: rolls back and falls to the ground. I think this usually will do
:: the same.

I guess you didn't see the other photos where the front wheel is clearly
tilting.