How come they call 'em "adapteurs polonaise"?

Old December 7th 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
!Jones[_2_]

Default How come they call 'em "adapteurs polonaise"?

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:29:24 -0800 (PST), in rec.bicycles.tech
landotter wrote:

On Dec 7, 9:46*am, "!Jones" wrote:
... and do any of you online LBS types happen to stock any?

I'm specifically looking for a product that will replace the core of a
Schrader valve... I can't find a presta tube in the size I need.

Jones

Simpler to fix your pump head than put mayonnaise on your valves.

Well, yeah... I could do that. That would be the easy way; however,
I'm from Texas and it wouldn't be the *Texas* way, by gwad! We Texans
don't take **** from our pump heads, I tell you.

Jones