Newspaper article about my bus/unicycle commute

Old August 4th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomkarches

Default Newspaper article about my bus/unicycle commute

Local paper did an article about my bus/unicycle commute.

My 15 minutes of fame.

http://www.carynews.com/front/story/9796.html

--tom

--
tomkarches
Old August 4th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Have you had any issues taking the unicycle on the bus?
What size wheel is it?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
Old August 4th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomkarches

john_childs wrote:
Have you had any issues taking the unicycle on the bus?
What size wheel is it?

It's a 29 inch wheel. I had a situation once where the driver contacted
the dispatcher to see if it was OK. Other than that, no issues.

I just came back from a vacation where I brought a 24 on the bus in
Portland, Oregon. No issues. I did call the transit company first and
ask. I believe their rule is that anything the size of a folding bike
is OK.

My Coker may be another story :-)

--tom

--
tomkarches
Old August 4th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rubix

Benefits are twofold for Wu: He has cut his transportation cost from
more than $200 per month to about $100 month, saves energy and reduces
-carbon dioxide emissions-.

Since when has breathing been known to pollute?

Awesome story though.

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna hear bout this and come and kick you so
hard youl cough up your scrotum sack.

Guardian Newspaper article. zippy Unicycling 1 April 13th 06 08:21 PM
Yet another newspaper article Bertie Wiggins UK 10 January 9th 06 03:06 AM
newspaper article cathwood Unicycling 5 May 12th 05 12:21 AM
Florida newspaper article MJR Social Issues 0 April 17th 05 10:23 PM
newspaper article, Muni Sarah Miller Unicycling 2 February 16th 04 05:58 AM