Kogswell Bikes

Old October 22nd 03, 02:45 AM
Jonathan Kaplan

Default Kogswell Bikes

Anyone have any experience with these frames? They are lugged single speed
and derraileur style frames for about $339. There is no contact info on the
website (only a Paypal order form)

I'm debating about purchasing one of these vs. an old Trek touring frame to
build. My only dislike are threadless headsets because they are usually way
too low. I like the old quill type arrangement.

www.kogswell.com

Old October 22nd 03, 03:27 AM
Marcus Coles

Jonathan Kaplan wrote:
Anyone have any experience with these frames? They are lugged single speed
and derraileur style frames for about $339. There is no contact info on the
website (only a Paypal order form)

I'm debating about purchasing one of these vs. an old Trek touring frame to
build. My only dislike are threadless headsets because they are usually way
too low. I like the old quill type arrangement.

www.kogswell.com

Check the archives of Internet-bob mailing list
There has been positive discussion of the Kogswell bikes including IIRC
a review.
At least of a couple of list subscribers have bikes based on these
frames and Matthew Grimm of Kogswell is also a list subscriber.
Search and browse the archives: http://search.bikelist.org

HTH

Marcus
Old October 22nd 03, 04:06 PM
Matthew / Kogswell

Marcus Coles wrote in message ...
Jonathan Kaplan wrote:
Anyone have any experience with these frames? They are lugged single speed
and derraileur style frames for about $339. There is no contact info on the
website (only a Paypal order form)

I'm debating about purchasing one of these vs. an old Trek touring frame to
build. My only dislike are threadless headsets because they are usually way
too low. I like the old quill type arrangement.

www.kogswell.com

Check the archives of Internet-bob mailing list
There has been positive discussion of the Kogswell bikes including IIRC
a review.
At least of a couple of list subscribers have bikes based on these
frames and Matthew Grimm of Kogswell is also a list subscriber.
Search and browse the archives: http://search.bikelist.org

HTH

Marcus

Hi, all.

Kogswell does indeed have an email address (though it's hidden at the
bottom of the home page):

And if you'd like to talk to other Kogswell owners about their
experiences, then you're in luck: they're created their own web site:

http://kogswellowners.com

They have a nice Message Board out there that where they field
questions and post discussions.

Also, if you have questions about our use if 1 1/8" threadless
headsets, you might want to have a look at this page:

http://kogswell.com/theQUESTION.html

Our best to all, Matthew

Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 18 July 16th 04 04:28 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM