Cyclist takes out cyclist

Old August 2nd 13, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Cyclist takes out cyclist

Guess what? He rode away leaving her unconscious on a cycle path.

Anne Tuffney, a mother of two, broke her collar bone in the crash that
happened when the other cyclist clipped her front wheel as he overtook at
speed. He rode on without stopping and police are appealing for witnesses to
the accident on the Bristol to Bath Railway Path on July 19.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Hit-run...ail/story.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public...ard-2013_07_30

Old August 2nd 13, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Friday, 2 August 2013 18:15:10 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
Guess what? He rode away leaving her unconscious on a cycle path.

Anne Tuffney, a mother of two, broke her collar bone in the crash that

happened when the other cyclist clipped her front wheel as he overtook at

speed. He rode on without stopping and police are appealing for witnesses to

the accident on the Bristol to Bath Railway Path on July 19.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Hit-run...ail/story.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public...ard-2013_07_30

I wasn't going to read that and then I saw the picture of the woman. I didn't like what I saw, so I'll trust my first instinct and not read the article. Have you nothing better, something which might interest me?
Old August 2nd 13, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 18:15:10 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Guess what? He rode away leaving her unconscious on a cycle path.

Anne Tuffney, a mother of two, broke her collar bone in the crash that
happened when the other cyclist clipped her front wheel as he overtook at
speed. He rode on without stopping and police are appealing for witnesses to
the accident on the Bristol to Bath Railway Path on July 19.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Hit-run...ail/story.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public...ard-2013_07_30

=====Quote=====
"The next thing I remember is looking up at a sea of faces and someone
removing my bike, which was tangled up in my legs. Fortunately I was
wearing a helmet. I was taken by ambulance to Frenchay Hospital, where
they stated I had a broken collar bone and was lucky that the bone had
not pierced the skin."
=====/Quote=====

Did the helmet prevent the collar bone from piercing the skin? If not,
why is it fortunate that the unfortunate lady was wearing the helmet.
I cannot glean the answer from the article.

For the record, I have nothing but contempt for the cowardly cyclist
who fled the scene.
Old August 2nd 13, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I wonder if she thought it was fortunate because she had banged her head - and
assumed that sensible people would understand that?

(I bet there are many happy parents at John Ball Primary School)

Old August 2nd 13, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I thought that she didn't think that:

=====Quote=====
"I was aware of a cyclist coming up behind me very fast. I had time to
realise that he was far too close to me, when his bike collided with
mine."

"The next thing I remember is looking up at a sea of faces and someone
removing my bike, which was tangled up in my legs."
=====/Quote=====

And I thought right, she didn't think that she banged her head.

(I bet there are many happy parents at John Ball Primary School)

Old August 3rd 13, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"thirty-six" wrote in message

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Hit-run...ail/story.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public...ard-2013_07_30

I wasn't going to read that and then I saw the picture of the woman. I
didn't like what I saw, so I'll trust my first instinct and not read the
article. Have you nothing better, something which might interest me?

Would you prefer a picture of a man? Try Google, there's hundreds.

Old August 3rd 13, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 18:15:10 +0100
"Mrcheerful" wrote:

Guess what? He rode away leaving her unconscious on a cycle path.

Anne Tuffney, a mother of two, broke her collar bone in the crash
that happened when the other cyclist clipped her front wheel as he
overtook at speed. He rode on without stopping and police are
appealing for witnesses to the accident on the Bristol to Bath
Railway Path on July 19.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Hit-run...ail/story.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public...ard-2013_07_30

They don't need speed limits, they need a public order offence of
threatening behaviour - oh look, there /is/ such a law. It would be
really nice to think that the **** would get caught and punished,
ABH/GBH should cover it nicely.

Old August 3rd 13, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 22:44:22 +0100
Bertie Wooster wrote:

I thought that she didn't think that:

=====Quote=====
"I was aware of a cyclist coming up behind me very fast. I had time to
realise that he was far too close to me, when his bike collided with
mine."

"The next thing I remember is looking up at a sea of faces and someone
removing my bike, which was tangled up in my legs."
=====/Quote=====

And I thought right, she didn't think that she banged her head.

The way she describes it sounds like she passed out - maybe fainted
briefly from pain/shock?

Old August 3rd 13, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Of course she must have just passed out for no reason whatsoever.

Crispin : not bright.
Old August 3rd 13, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Are you claiming, or suggesting, that people only pass out if they
have banged their head?

Crispin : not bright.