Bike Assembly - 'what's that' query

Old May 23rd 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
!Speedy Gonzales!

Default Bike Assembly - 'what's that' query

Picked up my new Tricross Sport today and opted to build it myself as the
LBS were pretty busy and I wasn't waiting until next week.
Anyhoo, I'm pretty handy with a spanner, allan wrench etc so got to work,
even though there was no self-build manual and info on the net was a bit
scarce. Bike is now built but I was left with 4 rubber inserts which seem to
go in the brake/gear lever. 2 are for the left, 2 for the right and they are
marked 4 degrees and 8 degrees.
What are these for and do you need them? I'm never fully satisfied without a
self build unless some parts are left over ;-)

--
!Speedy Gonzales!

Remove the SPAMTRAP to reply

Old May 23rd 08, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
!Speedy Gonzales!

"!Speedy Gonzales!" wrote in
message
snip
Forget that, found a site that indicates that these are 'shims', basically
spacers to bring the levers closer to the bar for those with smaller
hands/short reaching fingers.
--
!Speedy Gonzales!

Remove the SPAMTRAP to reply

Bike legislation now in the Virginia General Assembly Matt O'Toole General 0 January 27th 08 10:49 PM
Bike query... -pb- General 14 January 3rd 07 07:25 PM
Bike query... Claire Petersky Techniques 11 January 3rd 07 07:25 PM
Bike query... -pb- Techniques 4 January 2nd 07 06:54 PM
Mountain bike cassette on a road bike query vernon levy UK 13 July 1st 06 10:52 PM