MTB 29*2.20 65 PSI

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 10th 18, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default MTB 29*2.20 65 PSI

Today I had the first flat tire with the
29*2.20 MTB. This presta valve stuff is
obviously alien to me at this point, but
I managed to make it full again.

1) Some people say you don't even need an
adapter, you can just use
a Dunlop interface.

2) But of course I do have an adapter, only it
wasn't a pleasant thing fiddling with it
back and forth. I'm getting a quality pump
soon, God willing.

3) On the tire, it says 65 PSI. This must be
some theoretical possibility in a lab
setting with all brand new stuff, right?
Like when you buy a tent for three persons,
which is barely big enough for yourself to
sleep comfortably in?

4) Tires are 29*2.20 or 57-622. What is a good
PSI for going on asphalt ~98% of the time?

5) Is there a difference what PSI one would
like in the front and rear tires?

TIA

--
underground experts united