Day 1 of Lanterne Rouge

Old July 3rd 05, 06:59 AM

Default Day 1 of Lanterne Rouge

Never too early. But I feel there are some pretenders among some real
talent here. Remember, it's easy to get out there and get it over
quickly. But staying on the course for the maximum time AND
finishing... That's dedication! (Hunch Cooke and Merckx are just
fooling with my mind)

183 Baden Cooke (Aus) Fran=E7aise Des Jeux
3=2E36
184 Karsten Kroon (Ned) Rabobank
185 Axel Merckx (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto 3.37
186 S=E9bastien Hinault (Fra) Credit Agricole

187 Alessandro Vanotti (Ita) Domina Vacanze 3.44
188 Rafael Nuritdinov (Uzb) Domina Vacanze 3.50
189 Leonardo Piepoli (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir 4.40

Old July 3rd 05, 07:42 AM
HardwareLust

wrote in message
oups.com...

Never too early. But I feel there are some pretenders among some real
talent here. Remember, it's easy to get out there and get it over
quickly. But staying on the course for the maximum time AND
finishing... That's dedication! (Hunch Cooke and Merckx are just
fooling with my mind)

183 Baden Cooke (Aus) Française Des Jeux
3.36
184 Karsten Kroon (Ned) Rabobank
185 Axel Merckx (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto 3.37
186 Sébastien Hinault (Fra) Credit Agricole

187 Alessandro Vanotti (Ita) Domina Vacanze 3.44
188 Rafael Nuritdinov (Uzb) Domina Vacanze 3.50
189 Leonardo Piepoli (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir 4.40

Ah, time for my favorite part of Le Tour.

I was shocked to see Axel so far back...and wondering if Cookie going to
make the whole 3 weeks?
And, is Sebastien *that* Hinault, or is that a coincidence?

Regards,
H.

Old July 3rd 05, 11:23 AM
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"HardwareLust" schreef in bericht

And, is Sebastien *that* Hinault, or is that a coincidence?

There is no (known) relation.

Regards,
H.

Old July 3rd 05, 04:52 PM
k.papai

"Ah, time for my favorite part of Le Tour.
I was shocked to see Axel so far back...and wondering if Cookie going
make the whole 3 weeks?
And, is Sebastien *that* Hinault, or is that a coincidence?

Regards,
H. "

July = extreme Newbies......

I nominate this for DA post of the month.

-Ken

Old July 3rd 05, 11:23 PM
RonSonic

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:06:43 -0700, sonarrat wrote:

wrote:

Never too early. But I feel there are some pretenders among some real
talent here. Remember, it's easy to get out there and get it over
quickly. But staying on the course for the maximum time AND
finishing... That's dedication! (Hunch Cooke and Merckx are just
fooling with my mind)

183 Baden Cooke (Aus) Française Des Jeux
3.36
184 Karsten Kroon (Ned) Rabobank
185 Axel Merckx (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto 3.37
186 Sébastien Hinault (Fra) Credit Agricole

187 Alessandro Vanotti (Ita) Domina Vacanze 3.44
188 Rafael Nuritdinov (Uzb) Domina Vacanze 3.50
189 Leonardo Piepoli (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir 4.40

Don't forget, Iban Mayo is within striking distance.

I don't think he has the consistency to be a real contender. Sure he'll probably
end up pretty far back, but in the meanwhile he'll go and finish some stages
hastily and move up in the rankings.

Ron

Old July 3rd 05, 11:39 PM
alex

wrote:

[...]

Mayo's performance was completely unexcusable. He not only lost more than 3
mins. He was the worst performer among the lackluster EE team performances.
Not exactly what you expect from a team leader (unless you are Marco
Pantani, that he is not).

Old July 4th 05, 01:25 AM
gym.gravity

k.papai wrote:
"Ah, time for my favorite part of Le Tour.
I was shocked to see Axel so far back...and wondering if Cookie going
make the whole 3 weeks?
And, is Sebastien *that* Hinault, or is that a coincidence?

Regards,
H. "

July = extreme Newbies......

I nominate this for DA post of the month.

-Ken

He's been around for at least a whole year. January of 2004 actually:

"59 results for hardwarelust"