Decanio Sounding Coherent

Old January 30th 05, 06:14 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

A subset of culture cannot have substantially different values from

the
culture in which it resides.

Let me rephrase that:

A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
diverse cross-section of the public cannot have substantially different
values from the culture in which it resides.

Old January 30th 05, 07:41 PM
Bob Schwartz

B Lafferty wrote:
His latest writing:

What you're reading as coherence, I'm reading as desperation.

Bob Schwartz

Old January 30th 05, 07:50 PM
B Lafferty

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"B Lafferty" wrote in message news:9d9Ld.4580
What a nutjob. He needs major therapy.

No, Lafferty's just a self-righteous blowhard piggybacking on some
dude's self
destruction.

Ron

Whatever.

http://tinyurl.com/63zwa

Yada, Yada......Whatever.

Old January 30th 05, 07:51 PM
B Lafferty

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
B Lafferty wrote:
His latest writing:

What you're reading as coherence, I'm reading as desperation.

Bob Schwartz

I could well be that desperation has caused him to focus for once while
writing.

Old January 30th 05, 08:01 PM
Tom Kunich

"Jim Flom" wrote in message
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...

Most of society is doping themselves,
be it with nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, marijuana, or other mood
altering substances.

And we all know that what is, is right.

But wait -- not so fast, Schnurgan.
The NSDUH survey in 2002 reported that 4.3% of the
U.S. population ages 12 and over had ever used ecstasy,
1.3% had used in the past year, and 0.3% had used in
the past month.

Patterns of Club Drug Use in the U.S., 2004
http://www.utexas.edu/research/cswr/...g-2004-web.pdf

Check out the table on page 7 and quit talking smack. And don't tell me
Dumbass, you forgot coffee.

One small voice taking a stand? I guess M. L. King was a fanatic too.
The only loser is the one who stands by and does nothing when evil is in
your face.

Amen.

Old January 30th 05, 08:03 PM
Tom Kunich

B Lafferty wrote:
His latest writing:

What you're reading as coherence, I'm reading as desperation.

DeCanio is certainly trying to do what he sees as right. And I applaud him
for that. Henry sees it as totally unimportant and I can see that as well.

As for me, I'm losing my interest in racing because a good rider that
doesn't dope can't be competitive.

Old January 30th 05, 08:15 PM
Mark Fennell

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
diverse cross-section of the public...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WTF? You make sense usually, but the statement above in reference to bike
racing is ridiculous IMHO. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a sport
with a more boringly homogenous slice of the public.

Old January 30th 05, 08:45 PM
Tom

Decanio admitted he used EPO. He needs to be suspended for 2 years
from racing. That's it. Isn't that the rule? He can still try to
clean up the sport and do his bestest even when suspended.

Tom

Old January 30th 05, 08:45 PM
Hunter

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Let me rephrase that:

A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
diverse cross-section of the public cannot have substantially

different
values from the culture in which it resides.

NHL hockey to thread! Because we all know that 'Merkins and Canucks
are raised to accept and promote violence, the refs hold the whistle
and let 'em rumble! If we could only first change North American
culture as a whole, we could then change the rules and get rid of the
permissive ref'ing of the NHL.

Yes, I know it's easier to police fights on the ice than syringes in
the (dumb)ass, thanks.

Also, America's cultural attitudes about drugs and use has more to do
with a love of pleasure and stress relief than a permissiveness of
cheating. Is "leisure doping" really about the same thing as
performance doping? Are people's reactions to the two really the same,
even mostly?

Yes, I know that American attitudes about "liesure doping" are largely
hypocritical sanctimonious bull**** anyway, thanks.

I think the cultural value that you're really looking for is that
Americans think bike racing sucks. So they don't care. When doping
crops up in sports Americans care about, they start to get wound up.

Old January 30th 05, 10:22 PM

I'd support a lighter sanction for a rider who packs it in and admits
the use long ahead of his own bust through testing. Also, Decanio has
shown his interest in directing the fuzz towards the dopers. Perhaps
with a better directed enforcement, others will have the guts to come
forward. You know it is only a matter of time before the whole bucket
gets spilled, don't you?

Decanio Names More Names [email protected] Racing 44 February 4th 05 02:34 AM
DeCanio to Sierra Nevada? macker1515 Racing 12 December 17th 04 10:42 AM
Decanio loses it again kaiser Racing 4 November 4th 04 03:47 PM
Decanio loses it again kaiser Racing 0 November 4th 04 04:44 AM
Is Vegas taking bets on how long till Decanio gets sued? CowPunk Racing 0 October 13th 04 12:56 AM