energiser lithium batteries 4 for £7

Old December 4th 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
tam

Default energiser lithium batteries 4 for £7

I see Argos has an offer on AA energiser lithium batteries buy 2 for £6.99
get 2 free.
Offer ends 20th January.
Tam

Old December 4th 07, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

tam wrote:
I see Argos has an offer on AA energiser lithium batteries buy 2 for
£6.99 get 2 free.
Offer ends 20th January.

That's similar to Tesco's usual price for 4. Their sale price is £3.97 for
4 (certain stores/times only).

~PB

Old December 4th 07, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Austin

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:36:13 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:

tam wrote:
I see Argos has an offer on AA energiser lithium batteries buy 2 for
£6.99 get 2 free.
Offer ends 20th January.

That's similar to Tesco's usual price for 4. Their sale price is £3.97 for
4 (certain stores/times only).

You can also buy at that price from Tesco Direct but you need an
order of £25 or more to qualify for free delivery.

Nick.

Old December 4th 07, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

del wrote:
On Tuesday 04 Dec 2007 13:15 tam, wrote:

I see Argos has an offer on AA energiser lithium batteries buy 2 for
£6.99 get 2 free.
Offer ends 20th January.

16 for £9.99 from Maplins.

*Lithium*? Is that at your local branch or online?

~PB

Old December 4th 07, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jonathan Schneider

"tam" writes:

I see Argos has an offer on AA energiser lithium batteries buy 2 for £6.99
get 2 free.

Can I just point out that these cells have a capacity of 2900mAh, not
a lot more than NiMHs. So unless you want to pay that much more for a
little extra capacity and the ability to work in a freezer...

Jon
Old December 4th 07, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Jonathan Schneider wrote:
"tam" writes:

I see Argos has an offer on AA energiser lithium batteries buy 2 for
£6.99 get 2 free.

Can I just point out that these cells have a capacity of 2900mAh, not
a lot more than NiMHs. So unless you want to pay that much more for a
little extra capacity and the ability to work in a freezer...

NiMHs have a lower voltage, and need regular recharging even if you don't
use them.

Capacity figures can be misleading - so it's hard to compare one cell with
another

Old December 4th 07, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Jonathan Schneider wrote:
"tam" writes:

I see Argos has an offer on AA energiser lithium batteries buy 2 for
£6.99 get 2 free.

Can I just point out that these cells have a capacity of 2900mAh, not
a lot more than NiMHs. So unless you want to pay that much more for a
little extra capacity and the ability to work in a freezer...

NiMHs are heavier, have lower voltage, and need regular charging even when
you don't use them.

Capacity figures can be misleading anyway.

~PB

Old December 4th 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

Pete Biggs wrote:

NiMHs are heavier, have lower voltage, and need regular charging even
when you don't use them.

About this lower voltage thing - that's a bit of a myth, I'm afraid. Yes,
they start at ~1.2V as opposed to ~1.5V - however, most alkalines spend the
vast majority of their life at or below 1.2 anyway.

Tim
--
Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org
'I find sometimes it’s easy to be myself, but sometimes I find it’s

Old December 4th 07, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Tim Dunne wrote:
Pete Biggs wrote:

NiMHs are heavier, have lower voltage, and need regular charging even
when you don't use them.

About this lower voltage thing - that's a bit of a myth, I'm afraid.
Yes, they start at ~1.2V as opposed to ~1.5V - however, most
alkalines spend the vast majority of their life at or below 1.2
anyway.

Please check the context before replying. My comment is about NiMH versus
*lithium*, not alkaline.

Lithiums stay at near 1.5V while lasting longer than alkalines and NiMH.

I agree that there's no voltage advantage in practice with alkaline v NiMH,
and I prefer NiMH to alkaline myself, except in devices that don't get used
often or heavily.

~PB

Old December 4th 07, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

Pete Biggs wrote:

Please check the context before replying. My comment is about NiMH
versus *lithium*, not alkaline.

Fare enough. There isn't much advantage, however, but whatever gets you
through the night...

Lithiums stay at near 1.5V while lasting longer than alkalines and
NiMH.

Depends on the application.

Tim
--
Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org
'I find sometimes it’s easy to be myself, but sometimes I find it’s
better to be somebody else.' - Dave Matthews 'So Much To Say'
My 'reply to' address is valid, mail to the posting address is dumped

Spray Lithium Grease [email protected] General 3 May 4th 07 05:13 PM
K2 lithium 5 rear shock change [email protected] Techniques 0 October 5th 06 09:16 AM
On lithium ion Stuart Lamble Australia 2 March 22nd 05 02:19 AM
Streamlight Strion--Finally a good, easily available, 6W, 80 lumens,Adjustable Beam, Rechargeable Lithium Ion Flashlight Steven M. Scharf General 0 December 22nd 04 06:24 AM
Lithium Grease Simonb UK 12 March 26th 04 10:42 PM