One thing about this cold weather ...

Old October 24th 03, 01:04 PM
elyob

Default One thing about this cold weather ...

... it really does keep the drinking water nicely chilled

Old October 24th 03, 01:32 PM
Lee

"elyob" wrote in message
... it really does keep the drinking water nicely chilled

keeps the face a similar temperature too!

Old October 24th 03, 03:36 PM
Adrian Boliston

"elyob" wrote in message

... it really does keep the drinking water nicely chilled

If you drink directly from rivers or puddles it does, but i keep mine in the
fridge if i want it chilled.

Old October 24th 03, 03:42 PM
Cupra

Adrian Boliston wrote:
"elyob" wrote in message

... it really does keep the drinking water nicely chilled

If you drink directly from rivers or puddles it does, but i keep
mine in the fridge if i want it chilled.

You have a bike mounted fridge - where did you get it?! :-P

Old October 24th 03, 06:18 PM
Peter B

"elyob" wrote in message
... it really does keep the drinking water nicely chilled

Yeah, seem to recall ice forming in the bottle a couple of times last
winter.

Speaking of winter.......can't wait :-(

Pete

Old October 24th 03, 06:43 PM
Zog The Undeniable

elyob wrote:

... it really does keep the drinking water nicely chilled

On a cold, cold club run years ago when it was about -10 deg C, we got
to the cafe (a manor house in the middle of nowhere) and when we came
out again, the water was solid ice in all the bottles. Might be the
extreme cold or just a coincidence, but someone broke a crank and I
snapped a spoke on the way home.

Old October 25th 03, 01:35 PM
Simon Brooke

Zog The Undeniable writes:

elyob wrote:

... it really does keep the drinking water nicely chilled

On a cold, cold club run years ago when it was about -10 deg C, we got
to the cafe (a manor house in the middle of nowhere) and when we came
out again, the water was solid ice in all the bottles. Might be the
extreme cold or just a coincidence, but someone broke a crank and I
snapped a spoke on the way home.

Don't let water freeze in your nice Sigg bottles - they
rupture. Quickest way I know to destroy a Sigg.

Yes, I know plastic bottles are just as good, but I _like_ Siggs.

do not sail on uphill water
- Bill Lee
Old October 25th 03, 01:56 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Simon Brooke typed

Yes, I know plastic bottles are just as good, but I _like_ Siggs.

Siggs don't leak. My plastic bottles leak when carried in bf's pannier.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old October 25th 03, 03:38 PM
chris French

In message , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
Simon Brooke typed

Yes, I know plastic bottles are just as good, but I _like_ Siggs.

Siggs don't leak. My plastic bottles leak when carried in bf's pannier.

There was a letter on this point in the CTC rag a few issues back.

Wondering why cycle bottle leak from the top, when you can by water etc.
in 'sports' bottles that have tops that don't leak
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old October 25th 03, 08:10 PM
Tim Hall

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:56:25 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Simon Brooke typed

Yes, I know plastic bottles are just as good, but I _like_ Siggs.

Siggs don't leak. My plastic bottles leak when carried in bf's pannier.

Obviously a fault with bf's panniers.

As a control, have you tried putting a Sigg in bf's pannier.

Tim
--
In space no one can eat ice cream

Answer Vapor Cold Weather Gloves DRS General 4 May 17th 04 01:16 AM
Cold weather gear Jem Berkes General 32 January 7th 04 04:41 AM
cold weather makes gear changes slow - HELP Matty Anderson Mountain Biking 2 November 15th 03 11:38 PM
Cold weather effects on Knees Clive George UK 3 August 19th 03 09:44 PM