Seen this? Why Derek Chauvin may get off his murder charge.

Old August 7th 20, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Seen this? Why Derek Chauvin may get off his murder charge.

As I explained to y'all on June 28th, everything in George Floyd's death was not what it was presented as, not even approximately. In particular I, and the writers in the links I supplied, wondered why the DA had suppressed part of the body cam footage, and why the Police Dept had deepsixed several pages of its regulations for arrests which the attending policemen had followed to the letter. Now we know: without those, the DA has no case, without them he can throw around serious charges with abandon.

Here's the full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSwqp5fdIw

Not that it will have any impact on the rioters. For them George Floyd is just an excuse, and even such brainless berks would have to be extraordinarily stupid to believe in their slogan of defunding the police.

Andre Jute
It doesn't pay to rush into complicated matters with your prejudices leading

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 12:03:11 AM UTC+1, Andre Jute wrote:
Anyone seen this?

It explains in considerable technical detail why even the notorious partisan Keith Ellison will have difficulty convicting Derek Chauvin of murder..

More to the point for everyone, besides those four cops whose lives are already ruined for just doing their job by the book, it explains why America is being ruined by rioting scum on a misapprehension aided and abetted by Ellison, to wit the missing video from the cops' body cams which seems pretty likely to be the key in the four cops' exoneration. The White Paper, on which is predicated the police treatment of people with the seizure which afflicted George Floyd and which actually killed him, has since been disappeared from the Minneapolis police netsite.

Those four cops have a case against the city for unfair dismissal.

When those four policemen walk after the facts are explained to the jury, and they are shown the full film, there will be another six weeks of rioting and destruction and intimidation.

Andre Jute
Send in the National Guard; they could do with the practice so they can be ready at the end of the show trial Ellison will put on to quash the riot on day one.

Old August 8th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 11:13:15 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

This does not relieve Chavin of the responsibility of treating a human in such a manner as to respect his life.
Old August 8th 20, 10:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 4:45:53 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

The case is precisely that Chauvin had been specifically trained to keep a subject suffering from the excitability syndrome under control and one of the approved ways was the knee in the back. The police department bosses, instead of standing by their subordinate, disappeared these instructions but they surfaced again from the LA Times netsite. Chauvin's lawyers will plead that he was, exactly, taking are of Floyd's life in the manner he had been taught, and that the three junior cops knew it too. The alternative used to be a choke-hold... Floyd died from a dangerous drug overdose by mixed drugs, not police brutality. All the rest of what we hear is emotional blackmail. -- AJ
Old August 9th 20, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/8/2020 4:43 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

With the suppressed video and the toxicology report leaked,
everyone looks bad.

Drugs and neck pressure were both factors. Floyd, having
been arrested many times before, is babbling and acting like
a jerk who's frantically high and not being rational. Three
( 'professional' ??) cops can't seem to put one cuffed SOB
in the car- what's with that? Regardless of memos or
interpretations, a knee on a man's neck that long isn't
'necessary restraint' after some point.

Me? I'm very deeply grateful to not be on the jury. It's a
clusterf**k of a case.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old August 9th 20, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 8:07:57 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I have to agree completely. I could not in all good conscience find Chauvin guilty of 1st degree murder but that knee on the neck was not a knee in the back. The audio of George Floyd saying that if they tried to put him in the car he would lay on the ground pretty much answers how he ended up on the ground. The video of him actually resisting arrest totally changed the story that was on the Internet. Perhaps there was a charge that could have been properly put against Chauvin in the first place but the AG has now blown that into outer space and I don't believe you will be able to get a jury to convict him of littering.
Old August 9th 20, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 6:00:27 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

+1. Whatever the jury decides, and whatever happens in the inevitable appeals, someone will feel unjustly dealt with. And the demagogues will use the verdict for another round of riots, burnings and murders. The DA has raised expectations too high. -- AJ
Old August 9th 20, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:25:55 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

I don't think that you understand Trump. Being re-elected in another 3 months he has no friends to make. That means that he will deal with riots the way they need be dealt with.