Garmin Connect

Old August 7th 20, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Garmin Connect

Is there anyway for the Garmin Connect to automatically add the mileage and altitude gained so that I don't have to use a log all the time? Also, I have an entire row on the bookshelf with these old logs that have little information other than the miles and altitude gain whereas I can always go back to the Connect to see the entire course I rode. It isn't going to be a great deal more time before I won't be able to do the amount of climbing I'm doing and my rides will be much longer on flat (or flatter) ground.
Old August 7th 20, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 06:59:46 -0700 (PDT),
Tom Kunich wrote:
Is there anyway for the Garmin Connect to automatically add the
mileage and altitude gained so that I don't have to use a log
all the time? Also, I have an entire row on the bookshelf with
these old logs that have little information other than the
miles and altitude gain whereas I can always go back to the
Connect to see the entire course I rode. It isn't going to be a
great deal more time before I won't be able to do the amount of
climbing I'm doing and my rides will be much longer on flat (or
flatter) ground.

I have a ridewithgps account, and it's linked to Garmin Connect so
all my rides show up on rwGPS too. It keeps all of the stats
totals, and can show them in various time increments (weekly,
monthly, yearly).

I think (but am not certain) this feature is included in their
free "Starter" plan. Their other plans a

Basic is $6/month or $50/year
Premium is $10/month or $80/year

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old August 7th 20, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Thanks Ted, I have this all gathered in a Microsoft Office account in Excel. I would think that you could get it to add everything but after the concussion I can't remember it and my personal edition doesn't have any directions in it.
Old August 7th 20, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

The rwGPS site is pretty slick, and its help pages are really
*gulp* helpful. It has pretty decent options for uploading ride
info, described he

https://ridewithgps.com/help/uploading-rides

Perhaps most relevant for what (I think) your situation is that if
you set it to sync with Garmin Connect it will slurp in all rides
from there.

https://ridewithgps.com/help/automat...garmin-connect

I used this feature when I first signed up, and it worked quite
well. On the other hand, now that I read the webpage it seems it
only grabs the last 30 days of rides. I don't remember it having
that limitation when I started using it, but may have just
forgotten. In that case, you would probably be best off bulk
uploading the gpx files from your computer or device.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old August 8th 20, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
Is there anyway for the Garmin Connect to automatically add the mileage
and altitude gained so that I don't have to use a log all the time? Also,
I have an entire row on the bookshelf with these old logs that have
little information other than the miles and altitude gain whereas I can
always go back to the Connect to see the entire course I rode. It isn't
going to be a great deal more time before I won't be able to do the
amount of climbing I'm doing and my rides will be much longer on flat (or flatter) ground.

Sorry no it’s the sort of thing I use Strava for, and how many miles the
chain/tyres have done etc!

The amount of climbing tends to change fluctuate as my commute is pan flat,
but for example MTB rides tend to be high gain vs distance.

Roger Merriman

Old August 8th 20, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 3:59:49 PM UTC+2, Tom Kunich wrote:
Is there anyway for the Garmin Connect to automatically add the mileage and altitude gained so that I don't have to use a log all the time? Also, I have an entire row on the bookshelf with these old logs that have little information other than the miles and altitude gain whereas I can always go back to the Connect to see the entire course I rode. It isn't going to be a great deal more time before I won't be able to do the amount of climbing I'm doing and my rides will be much longer on flat (or flatter) ground.

Garmin Connect is pretty useless for almost everything other than log your rides and present the basic sensor values. Fortunately there are a lot of applications that use the Garmin fit files for proper analyses.

Lou