JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME

Old July 26th 18, 05:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME

On 25/07/2018 22:21, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 7:22:00 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 25/07/2018 18:21, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 6:05:23 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 25/07/2018 17:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 4:19:57 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 3:11:35 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
A BRITISH couple has raised £6k for Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
by cycling from Vietnam to Scotland over the course of five months.

“During our two years as junior doctors we have both seen the massively
beneficial effects that this charity has on the young lives of those
unlucky enough to be afflicted with illness early on in their lives.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...pital-charity/
--
Bod

How much was actually donated?
I am always suspicious of these charity rides since they often mean 'pay for our holiday and we will give whats left over to charity.'

I plan to fly first class from London to New York, rent a luxury car and drive to Los Angeles staying in 5* Hotels along the way then fly first class back to London. Give me some money and if there is anything left I will give it to charity.

So you want to use other peoples money.

--
Bod

precisely the point.

BTW "Whoosh"

I don't get your point. No one has said that they would use any of

the charity money to assist their travels.

--
Bod

So who paid for it?

Obviously the cyclists themselves. Sponsors only pay out on

completion of the challenge.

--
Bod
Old July 26th 18, 05:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 26/07/2018 05:18, Bod wrote:
[...]

Â*Â* So you want to use other peoples money.

--
Bod

precisely the point.

BTW "Whoosh"

Â* I don't get your point. No one has said that they would use any of
the charity money to assist their travels.

--
Bod

So who paid for it?

Obviously the cyclists themselves. Sponsors only pay out on

completion of the challenge.

If you read the link that I posted here, you'll see that they

said...and I quote:
"Despite funding the trip entirely on their own, the duo have committed
to giving one hundred per cent of the donations to the Glasgow Charity".

--
Bod
Old July 26th 18, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 25/07/18 17:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 4:19:57 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

How much was actually donated? I am always suspicious of these
charity rides since they often mean 'pay for our holiday and we
will give whats left over to charity.'

I once enquired about a BHF ride in some foreign land. They require that
the holiday is paid upfront and a minimum raised. I think most people
self fund. I don't remember whether anything can be claimed back if an
amount substantially above the minimum is raised.

I plan to fly first class from London to New York, rent a luxury car
and drive to Los Angeles staying in 5* Hotels along the way then fly
first class back to London. Give me some money and if there is
anything left I will give it to charity.

There are enough funding sites so why not give it a try? Tell the
punters you are going to swim across and then hand walk overland. (Your
real plan would probably be cheaper and leave more to the charity.)
Though I guess you might get into hot water if you lied about your
intentions.

Plan Your Journey Skewer Australia 2 November 5th 06 07:37 AM
wonderful journey P.B.Riley-Jordan UK 13 June 5th 06 08:45 PM
The First Journey.. Unitik908 Unicycling 5 September 7th 05 05:34 AM
Journey from the End of the World Simon Brooke UK 3 February 15th 05 09:09 AM
the amazing journey JD Mountain Biking 7 January 25th 05 06:31 PM