SRAM S7

Old June 23rd 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default SRAM S7

Has anybody been successful wit setting up SRAM S7?
I have problems with gear switching.

Old June 23rd 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

marwooj wrote:
Has anybody been successful wit setting up SRAM S7?

Yes.

I have problems with gear switching.

More info required.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
novelist (1811-1896)
Old June 23rd 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

marwooj wrote:

Has anybody been successful wit setting up SRAM S7?

Yes, it's normally a trivial exercise.

I have problems with gear switching.

I've only ever experienced two problems:

1) When the gear cable inner begins to break, frayed ends jam in
the outer so that spring tension will no longer return the
relaxed cable far enough to select the lower gears.

2) If, during reassembly, the inner cable slips out of its
groove in the "wheel" within the handlebar shifter assembly,
the one-to-one relationship between shifter click positions and
hub gears will be lost. Some gears will then engage, while
others will not.

I guess another potential problems for beginners might be
failure to follow instructions about adjusting the inner/outer
cable length relationship by lining up the marks using the
adjuster at the click box when in 4th gear.

John
Old June 24th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I wrote:

marwooj wrote:

Has anybody been successful wit setting up SRAM S7?

Yes, it's normally a trivial exercise.

I have problems with gear switching.

I've only ever experienced two problems:

I've just remembered a third: the two shifting rods (one inside
the other) within the hub axle need to be lubricated with a
lightweight lubricant. Otherwise they can stick, leading to
shifting problems.

John
Old June 25th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I found my problem :-(
One of the ball-bearing (the first one on the right site is broken, and
balls are dancing around on axle).
Does somebody know what are sizes for that bearing?

Regards
Marek