I'm officially bent

Old October 15th 04, 05:14 AM
Slugger

Default I'm officially bent

I bought (finished paying for) my EZ-Sport today. Heaven on wheels I
tell ya.
Old October 15th 04, 06:16 AM
James S. Prine

I bought (finished paying for) my EZ-Sport today. Heaven on wheels I
tell ya.

If you have half the fun I've had with my EZ-1, I envy you g.

James S. Prine
"I do my own stunts."
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

Old October 15th 04, 09:27 AM
Slugger

I went down a big hill today. I must have been going about 40mph
because it took the bus a while to catch up to me. He was right beside
me for about 15 sec then passed me slowly. I think i had so much
momentum i could have coasted all of the way home but instead I went
for a much longer ride. Admittedly my thighs are a little rocked from
the ride but at least its not my back!
I enjoyed taking corners so much that I went down to the ship port and
cycled around in turns.

The wish list includes:
BLT front lights (LED)
A new not so dorky bike helmut. (current one has shell off-so its just
foam)
a bike computer
fenders
fairing(undecided)
waterproof pants

So it looks like its going to cost more money. But what good is money
if you don't spend it?
Old October 15th 04, 11:06 AM
Mike Schwab

Slugger wrote:
snip
The wish list includes:
BLT front lights (LED)

Cateye Opticube EH-300
A new not so dorky bike helmut. (current one has shell off-so its just foam)

http://www.reevu.com shop: google search for 'reevu'
a bike computer

Planet bike computer and order long wiring kit
fenders
fairing(undecided)
waterproof pants

from Ski place or x-mart

Old October 15th 04, 07:47 PM
Slugger

The wish list includes:
BLT front lights (LED)

Cateye Opticube EH-300
A new not so dorky bike helmut. (current one has shell off-so its just foam)

http://www.reevu.com shop: google search for 'reevu'
a bike computer

Planet bike computer and order long wiring kit
fenders
fairing(undecided)
waterproof pants

from Ski place or x-mart

So it looks like its going to cost more money. But what good is money
if you don't spend it?

Mike thanks for the heads up on that helmut.
I went to their site and couldn't find a single shot of their products.
I did a further search and found a 3d rendering. It looks like a set
of mirrors that goes over your head with a drop down mirror off of the
lip of the shader. Is that right?
Is this more of a mirror than it is a helmut? I wonder if its a safe
helmut.
Old October 17th 04, 02:22 AM
Tom Sherman

Slugger wrote:

[...]

If you do not have fenders, the front wheel will send water right at
your face and the spray off the rear wheel will soak the seat foam and
wet your back through the seat mesh. You should also get a large shower
cap or plastic bag to cover the seat base in the rain, as these can take
several days to dry out if saturated.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old October 17th 04, 05:24 AM
Slugger

In article , Tom Sherman
wrote:

Slugger wrote:

[...]

Thanks Tom. Does anyone make a waterproof seat cover for these rainy
climates for recumbent seats? I will be riding in the rain, no doubt
about it. The island i live on is partially a rain forest so it can't
be escaped. Shower caps and plastic grocery bags seem in-eligant
compared to my beautiful new ride.

On a side note, I have rode with two upright buddies and I smoked them
both!

recumbents suck EVsolutions Recumbent Biking 30 September 10th 04 06:56 AM
Wheel and arm bent Roja Doja UK 40 August 13th 04 10:01 AM
Bicycle Mag -- Bent Stuff Joe Keenan Recumbent Biking 1 January 29th 04 03:44 PM
Black Bent Down: Worst Experience on a Bent This Year jim h Recumbent Biking 14 November 30th 03 10:58 PM
OT-big, bouncy & bent to the left Joshua Goldberg Recumbent Biking 2 June 28th 03 01:57 PM